Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

One Battery Does Not Charge

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Tigger7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Title says it all. 2 of my cameras said they had 15% battery life. Plugged one in and it recharged fine. The second one will not recharge. Tried different outlets, taking battery out, inspected prongs. Nothing seems out of sorts. Please help me trouble shoot.

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Check the FAQs, there is a page from Arlo about batteries not charging....

basicly, put the battery in and use supplied adapter, if not charging then pull battery, wait 10 min and then insert again ...repeat 6 x

if the battery get to low, it will not charge and doing above gets it to a level where it will 

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Tigger7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. I did use common sense first. Unfortunately, the FAQ section did not work. I appreciate your input..

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

heres the article;  https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do

Morse is faster than texting!
Tigger7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. Unfortunately, as indicated in last reply, this article was not helpful in my particular case. I hope this works for others, but it was not the key here.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you switch batteries between cameras? That would help isolate whether the issue is with the battery or camera.

Tigger7
Aspirant
Aspirant
It suddenly started charging. So weird . These things are so inconsistent in every way. I guess they are still better than nothing.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That sounds like a poor connection someplace. In the future take a little extra time to ensure everything is snugged into place.