Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
SaltyDog45
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have three cameras. Two are outside and one is inside. The inside camera is less than 10 feet from both the wireless router and the Arlo Base station and is plugged in to house power. All three cameras had been working fine during the two weeks we have been away from home up until yesterday when the inside camera began showing its status as "Offline". The other two cameras are online and operating. I tried resetting tthe Base Station and the one camera is still offline. Everything I have read indicates the only way to trouble shoot and hopefully resolve this issue is to access the physically hatis not an option since we are nowhere near home. Is there no way to deal with this remotely? This is very aggravating since we bought the system primarily for use during our extended absences. 

3 REPLIES 3
Streak2
Master Master
Master

I have an instance where a camera shows offline on the app. but still records. Shows online using the web interface https://arlo.netgear.com/

SaltyDog45
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the quick reply!

I tried this on my iPad, and the bare bones account information says 3 cameras are online, but when I tried to view them, it sent me to the app where the one still showed offline.

Then I tried logging in using the browser on my laptop, and was able to access the cameras there. The one offline camera briefly shows the view from the last time I accessed it two days ago. Then it quickly changes to a darkened display of the room with the offline message over the display. At this time of the day, I would expect the room to be dark.

So...

It could be that the camera is actually on line. It could be that it is off line. There's really no way to tell. For now, I'm not going to sweat it. I will wait until my son stops by to check on things and see if he can determine what is going on.

Thanks again for your quick reply and giving me at least a few minutes of optimism that the camera is actually working OK. 

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Get your son to remove and refit the battery on that camera just to reset it.