Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

On/off mode

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Rs808
Follower
Follower
Hi. I actually have 2 older Arlo cameras and just recently added 3 more Arlo pro cameras. They are all synced together on one page on my account. My question is....how exactly do you use these cameras for security purposes? I have been using them to check in on my baby while I'm at work. I want to place the cameras by my front and back door for security purposes. However I have found that I turn the camera on only when I want to view the area because if I leave it on the battery drains way too quickly. (the Arlo pro is rechargable and that will help but still going to be annoying changing batteries constantly). If I place the camera by my back door and a leaf blows by, or the tree branch moves..it's going to record if I leave the camera on all the time. Am I missing something here? Thanks.
1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The problem is usu placement and sense level....

Once Armed, the cameras will detect motion vis the PIR, if traffic or trees/leaves are in the area on sunny days ,it prob will trigger. Sense levels can be adjusted to account for some of this but placement helps a lot.  The cameras will only detect people to about 20-25ft ( depends on which cam ) so place the camera out of reach covering the area you are considering within this range of view...this eliminates much of the false triggers some have.  It is a trial and error process , but if the time is taken the cameras will respond pretty reliable

read some of these;

https://kb.arlo.com/1015583/How-do-I-optimize-motion-detection-for-my-Arlo-Wire-Free-Arlo-Pro-Wire-F...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------