Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Old videos showing up today with alerts

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Schrockarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Why am I recieving video from months ago today, with alert/notifications? It is 75 degrees outside and videos have snow on ground! Turned camera off and back on and recharged it.
5 REPLIES 5
Dannybear
Master
Master
Are the recordings in the library if push notification or are they email notifications with an image?
Schrockarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
They are in library.... current. We get a ding saying activity, by time I get my phone out to look (30 seconds), the event has popped up in library. Sometimes, different camera nearby also starts videotaping a few seconds later(our large dog sets it off), yet that 2nd video is of current activity.
This is the weirdest thing, because the videos showing up are from quite a while ago (several of inches of snow on ground, and snowing.... it is 75 degrees today!) and should have been discarded.... we don't pay for extra storage, just past 2 weeks can be viewed.
Dannybear
Master
Master
This suggests an issue with the arlo backend and not your equipment.

An arlo moderator may be able to comment as it does sound very weird.
@JamesC or @ShayneS.
Edit
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Schrockarlo wrote:
we don't pay for extra storage, just past 2 weeks can be viewed.

The free cloud storage with the old cameras is 7 days, not two weeks.

Can you confirm that these are Pro/Pro 2 cameras?  What model is the base? There should be a part number label on it that starts with VMB.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Schrockarlo,

Are you still experiencing this today? How many alerts have you received like this?

JamesC