Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Gerry_D
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've had an Arlo system for about six years. Needed it when I worked nights to give my wife some sense of security. Eventually the two cameras gave up the ghost and they were replaced with Arlo Pro type. I also added an additional camera to make three cameras. Have some cool animal videos for example. Well about a month ago my wife passed away after 30 years of marriage. I need the cameras now to see if anyone is hanging around when I must be away from home. But the old base station, about six years old, just looses connection to the internet. Tried everything, it just decides it's tired. I just ordered a replacement base station with two cameras from Amazon.

The question is can I just replace the base station and keep the same account?

I see there is a lot of problems with email addresses accessing accounts. My son can't get access to my account. So it this also going to be a problem with a different base station?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes...

Add the new base to your current account ( add device ).  Once there delete each camera one at a time ( remove device ) from the old base and sync it to the new base.

When all cameras are moved, use remove device on the old base.

As to last ?.. no

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Gerry_D
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks Tom,

I'll print your answer for reference and give it a go when it comes in.

Morse would faster than typing for me, I hunt n' peck. But I had a lot of trouble attempting to learn Morse back about 1973, never did get it.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It's just practice... like anything else...PS never to old !

Morse is faster than texting!