Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Damon425
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo stopped working with HomeKit and now is not discoverable by it.  Reached out via Chat and was told I didn’t warrant a live person fix and that I should factory reset and continue reading the community forum. Everything I see talks about a Reset Token.  Factory Reset did nothing.  Apple just released a bunch of updates 2 weeks ago so maybe that’s the problem but the forums have been talking about it for over a year.  Any help besides restarting would be appreciated. 

Hardware: VMB4000r3

Firmware: 1.20.2.1_4195_3673353

13 REPLIES 13
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Damon425 wrote:

Everything I see talks about a Reset Token.  

Hardware: VMB4000r3

Firmware: 1.20.2.1_4195_3673353

That usually is the problem, the mods ( @JamesC or @ShayneS ) can take care of that for you.

Damon425
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the contacts.  I will reach out.

hazel-bug
Aspirant
Aspirant

i have the same exact problem. did you reach out to them some other way, or are you waiting for someone to help  you in the thread? thanks

Damon425
Aspirant
Aspirant

I reached out to the JamesC but have not heard back yet. With the holiday weekend, I would assume there is some wait. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Damon425,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

hazel-bug,

What is the serial number associate with your base station?

JamesC

hazel-bug
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

My serial number is 4R03757HACFEE

Thank you!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

hazel-bug,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

AllanSilkeborg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Could you also send me a reset token? 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AllanSilkeborg,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

macmaddad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I am having the same problem with homekit live view. Could I have a token sent please.

S/N A2W1017HA021D

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@macmaddad 

I have reset your HomeKit token, Please reboot your Base Station or Smart Hub and try again.

Thank you

macmaddad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the fast response and token. Unfortunately this did not solve my issue and I still cannot use homekit's live view on a mac running Ventura 13.3. I followed the previous post on removing and re-adding Homekit, have updated my Apple TV4K (which acts as a homekit hub), rebooted all devices but all to no avail. I would mention that in the iPhone's Arlo app everything is working fine. Just to be specific I have included two images. The first is the (timed) home view and the second shows the problem when clicking on a camera (for live view):

2023-04-05_11-55-58.jpg2023-04-05_11-57-33.jpg

macmaddad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update: as of 2023-04-06 for some unknown reason live view is now working again. I did not do anything other than as stated in my previous post so I can only assume that the token or previous changes took some time to propagate through the system?