Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Not recceiving push notification to iphone to verify identity when attempting to logon

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Slolearner
Star
Star

When I attempt to login to my.arlo.com, I see message :

We don't recognize this device.
We sent a push notification to  iphone  to verify your identity. This screen will automatically disappear when verified.
But I do not ever receive the notification on mu phone.
btw. I do get notifications on my phone for arlo motion alerts from the camera.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Slolearner
Star
Star

Now it works no explanation.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ssfkef
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having this problem, as well. I have an iPhone 12 and I am using Chrome on my Windows 10 desktop computer to view my.arlo.com. The strange thing is that it was working for a while, then it stopped recently even though I didn't change any settings. I have tried clearing the browser cache and restarting my phone, but still no luck. FWIW, I can successfully get a text message to the iPhone with a sign-in code number to access my.arlo.com, but the push notifications were much more convenient.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ssfkef wrote:

FWIW, I can successfully get a text message to the iPhone with a sign-in code number to access my.arlo.com, but the push notifications were much more convenient.

@Slolearner: You can also use email verification as a workaround.

AikaneKai
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm having the exact same issue as of today.  The iPhone app does not get the authorization notice.  I did authenticate through an email, but it's a bigger PITA than the token is even.

Just allow us to disable it altogether or at least let me keep my browser as a permanent trusted device.  I really STILL do NOT understand why it's so difficult for Arlo to put the control back in our hands.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AikaneKaim

Are you still experiencing an issue today? Try authenticating and trusting your device again and let me know if you're still experiencing an issue.

JamesC

Slolearner
Star
Star

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Slolearner wrote:

The fact that it was fixed was announced here: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Video-Doorbell/Add-trusted-device-issue/m-p/1866240#M9096

There were multiple discussion threads and scores of posts reporting this, it would have been difficult for the mods to try to reply to all of the them.