Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Not getting alert notifications on I-phone

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Laya
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am no longer getting alerts on my phone when motion or sound is detected. There are recordings in the library but no notifications. Solution?...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Laya
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got through to support and here is what they had me do and it worked:

- Go to Mode and click on the pencil icon at the right of "Armed"

- Select camera that isn't sending alert & click on the pencil icon

- Uncheck the Push Notifications box and save

- Take the battery out of the camera and put it back in

- Go back and check the Push Notifications box and save

- Log out of app and back in

It worked for me, but my concern was that if you are out of town when this happens again, who the heck is at the house to take the battery out and put it back in???  The thief???  What I didn't try until this morning is just doing the push notifications box and not bothering with the camera battieries.  So I just armed my system and walked infront of the three cameras that I didn't removed the batteries from.  I GOT PUSH NOTIFICATIONS from all of the cameras. 

So, it appears the procedure above works - it's just a pain because you don't know if you're not getting alerts unless you regularly are checking your library.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
duckson
Apprentice
Apprentice
Since the latest update I’m also not getting every notification, sometimes I do and sometimes I don’t, there are camera recordings there I’ve not been notified about!!! Happening on iOS as well as android.
lakersfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same here. I have rebooted my modem and router, reinstalled the app, restarted my phone, reinstalled the cameras, and still no notification. Customer service is useless. I'm not sure what else to do!

Laya
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got through to support and here is what they had me do and it worked:

- Go to Mode and click on the pencil icon at the right of "Armed"

- Select camera that isn't sending alert & click on the pencil icon

- Uncheck the Push Notifications box and save

- Take the battery out of the camera and put it back in

- Go back and check the Push Notifications box and save

- Log out of app and back in

It worked for me, but my concern was that if you are out of town when this happens again, who the heck is at the house to take the battery out and put it back in???  The thief???  What I didn't try until this morning is just doing the push notifications box and not bothering with the camera battieries.  So I just armed my system and walked infront of the three cameras that I didn't removed the batteries from.  I GOT PUSH NOTIFICATIONS from all of the cameras. 

So, it appears the procedure above works - it's just a pain because you don't know if you're not getting alerts unless you regularly are checking your library.

Hope this helps.