Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Not able to add friend on arlo app

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Eggshell
Initiate
Initiate

I have just bought a 3 camera pack and have sync-ed a set them all up. Trying to “add a friend” to allow access to the cameras. When I opened the invitation email, I clicked on the link, the link takes me to an arlo sign in page. When I click on create new account, it asks me for the email (invited email address) but doesn’t allow to set up, it only asks me put in a password which obviously won’t work because I haven’t set up a new account. I haven’t been able to contact arlo directly because there seems to be no email address or live chat doesn’t work. It been wasting so much of my time and it seems like there’s some issue with this process. I’ve tried to click on the link via a computer too but it still doesn’t work. Any help or contact with arlo appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like you sent the invitation to yourself instead of using the email address of the friend. They would then use the emailed directions to set up their account and access your cameras.

Eggshell
Initiate
Initiate

No I definitely didn’t put my own email address as the “friend”. The friend in this case is my husband’s email. Problem not resolved still.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

<p>Maybe I'm not quite understanding how you're attempting to do this so...</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>When he sees the emailed instructions, he needs to install the app and follow those instructions to create his own account that will be used to see the cameras. I don't have the email I got when testing the setup any more so I can't review what the directions are.&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>If you're doing all this and it's still not working, tell us exactly what you've tried and how you're doing it in chronological order and with detail. If you need, copy and paste the email here, blanking out any sensitive info.</p>