Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Not Detecting Motion if another camera is triggered

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Swift8
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have had a 2-camera Arlo Pro system for over a year now, and have never really had any problems with motion detection. However, we recently added a Pro 2 camera to the mix, and now one of our Pro's will not trigger for motion if the 2 is triggered first, and vice-versa. To be more specific, our Pro is in the same spot it always has been, at one far end of our garage (outside). We decided to place our Pro 2 opposite the Pro on the other side of the garage (3-car to detail the distance). I have tried adjusting the settings for each camera, resetting the pro with a battery pull, and did motion detection testing with both. Both work as expected if the motion begins with them, but once they are triggered, the other will not pick up the motion.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It seems unlikely but if you remove the battery from a camera (or the camera from its perch) to see if the other camera works properly. If so, it would seem that the signals are interfering with each other.

Swift8
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, soon after I posted this, both cameras started triggering at the same time or just after one another. However, now I am getting notifications that they have been triggered, but the videos are not saving to my library. I've restarted the base station, and still having the issue... but I am going to wait until tomorrow and see if the issue sorts itself out like my original problem did. Thanks for the response!

@jguerdat wrote:

It seems unlikely but if you remove the battery from a camera (or the camera from its perch) to see if the other camera works properly. If so, it would seem that the signals are interfering with each other.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are aware and investigating a potential issue for some customers impacting notifications and video recordings.

Our team is actively investigating this and will provide an update as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience.

For status updates on this issue, take a look here: https://status.arlo.com/

JamesC