Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
landry1959
Guide
Guide

I stopped getting emails as of 11-4-2020.  Tried chat and after trying several things they were at a loss & were no help - was supposed to escalate and send me email but got nothing.    I see a lot of posts about the preview not in email anymore and this was supposedly later restored and don't know if this is related to this update or whatever you want to call it. This is very frustrating.  Can anyone help with this issue?  TIA

5 REPLIES 5
hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Not sure it's the same issue but I have comcast and stopped receiving emails for no apparent reason.  Contacting Comcast support only fixed it for a few weeks before it stopped again (something about Comcast believing Arlo is sending spam).  I ended up adding a Gmail account to the mode settings, and that has been working for years.

landry1959
Guide
Guide

I don't have Comcast but did check both my junk and bulk folders and they are not going there.  I hate to have to create a 2nd email address just for Arlo that I have to check.  Hoping someone in Support land can come up with a fix.  It is very frustrating now with the 2 factor authentication since the code goes to a different cell phone than mine if i try to log in.. Thanks for your input.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@landry1959 wrote:

It is very frustrating now with the 2 factor authentication since the code goes to a different cell phone than mine if i try to log in.. Thanks for your input.

Have you doubled checked in the 2FA settings you didn't mistype your number.  Or do you have it going to another persons cell for a reason. 

landry1959
Guide
Guide

Yes the 2FA  code goes to my husbands phone as I rarely look at Arlo - its his baby.  But I am logging in trying to fix the missing email problem.  Don't understand why the 2FA doesn't recognize my desktop.  Any other 2FA I've used once you log in it recognies the device from then on.  Support is totally non-responsive on the email issue.

Thanks for the input.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Right now, Arlo doesn't trust a computer - no idea why. This may or may not be fixed in the future. We'll just have to wait and see.