Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No longer have free 7-day video storage in cloud. Did this option suddenly go away for legacy users?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
pcolin
Tutor
Tutor

Suddenly I no longer seem to have free 7-day video storage in the cloud.  Did that option for legacy Arlo Pro users suddenly go away?

HW Version H8 Hub Version VMB4000r3

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No. What you now see are the extra subscriptions. If you don't subscribe you get the 7 free days. Note that this changes with Ultra and newer devices which don't get free plans, just local recordings.

Apontec
Initiate
Initiate

The reason I purchased Arlo in the first place was for the free subscription. Trying to squeeze customers after the fact is NOT cool. Frankly, If I have to pay, I would get a camera with better resolution, motion, and without the latency that Arlo shows always.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The free 7 day plan for the Pro 2 and down cameras still exists and is in force. It just isn't displayed as such. WHat's shown are the extra subscriptions available.

Hawkeye03
Initiate
Initiate

How do I activate inactive cameras? The app does not have the Manage Camera section anymore and only takes me to the buy subscription page to purchase a subscription. I have the legacy account with two base stations and six cameras. Prior to the change to paid subscription, I could active five cameras at a time. When the Arlo updated to the paid subscription model, I only had four active cameras and I cannot activate either of my two inactive cameras without paying a subscription. How am I able to activate my other two cameras? I understand there is only a five camera limit but want I want to determine which five cameras are active.

I have had a support ticket to Arlo support for almost two months but the issue is not resolved.  How difficult is it to add the legacy functionality to my account? 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Hawkeye03,

You mentioned you contacted the support team in regards to your issue Let me reach out to you via private message.

Hawkeye03
Initiate
Initiate

Arlo support called me and we were able to resolve my issue. Since I have two base stations, I created a new Arlo account for the second base station and camera's and shared those devices with my primary account. Hopefully this will help other who have similar issues. Arlo support was great through the whole process.