Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No audio from app to camera VMC4030 Arlo Pro wire-free camera

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Goldryhill
Follower
Follower

Hello,

We have just purchased and set up our Arlo Pro...  We can hear what is happening from the camera; however, the microphone function does not seem to send any sound out through the camera when we press & hold the button on the phone.  On the audio settings on the computer, it says the volume is at 0%.  On the app on my iphone, it says 95%.  When I try to raise the volume in the settings on the computer it just goes back to zero again...

Please advise...  We need to know if this is a defective device within 24hrs or we will not be able to return it...

Thank you,

Kyla

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The volume display on the computer is a display issue.  It might be related to the browser but I haven't tried another - I just use the app to set and forget.

As for the actual volume, the apps have an issue while the computer works much better.  On my computer, I had to go into the sound properties and increase the mic gain at which time I was happy with the results.  I happen to have an RMA for my cameras which I should recive on Monday so we'll see if the new hardware makes a difference.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I can confirm I see the same issue when using the web client (volume slider shows 0 regardless of what it is actually be set to). I have escalated this issue for further investigation. For now, use the mobile app as it accurately shows the correct volume level.

Goldryhill,

Did increasing the mic gain as described above by jguerdat help resolve the issue you are describing? Please let us know.

JamesC