Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No alert notification but videos work

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
babyduke
Star
Star

Since yesterday, I haven't received alert notification (push) on my phone but when I checked the library, there were footages.  Has anyone experienced this?  Arlo support had no idea how to fix it.

Also, it got cold recently here in Chicago and the outside camera had stopped working for a while saying they need to be warmed up.

I'm really regretting purchasing Arlo Pro.  Luckily I have until 1/15 to return to Best Buy so I mostly likely will return it and buy regular Arlo system which seems to have way less issues.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved. Users may need to log out of their iOS app and log back before push notifications start working again.

Thank you all for your patience in this process.

JamesC

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
x-man
Luminary
Luminary

Its a known issue in the german community.

Since yesterday:

- the push is not working on Ios.

- wrong videoassigning on Android

- sporadic no recording

sporadic error "no connection to mediaserver"

So currently you can not trust on the system.. 

ttealdi
Aspirant
Aspirant

My push notifications stopped last night as well.

ArcherKoch
Aspirant
Aspirant
EpicGod
Tutor
Tutor

Very interesting.... my notifications stopped working yesterday.

ttealdi
Aspirant
Aspirant
System now working... I did nothing to fix. So now I'm even more perplexed
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved. Users may need to log out of their iOS app and log back before push notifications start working again.

Thank you all for your patience in this process.

JamesC

amit1974
Aspirant
Aspirant
I still have this issue on Android app.. This started happening 5 days back.. Today I had 5 recording on cloud but zero on the app.. Please fix this ASAP.
amit1974
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is very frustrating I am still not getting any notifications alerts on Android app. Can someone confirm if it's working for them?

What good is arlo if it can't notify you....
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

amit1974,

The issue being discussed in this thread only affected iOS users. I have tested this on Android and did not experience any issues receiving push notifications. A new version of the Android app is available (2.3.0) be sure you have updated to the latest version from the google play store and try again.

JamesC