Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
SuburbWatch
Follower
Follower

A while ago the app look had changed, I assumed it must have been an update.
Since then I can not view any camera live like I have done for … 5years!

Also, there used to be no limitation on how many modes I could setup … now if I want to add a different mode it says all my cameras have been used in the two existing modes.

i hope this is not a new forced way of making people subscribe for something that was included with the initial purchase.

13 REPLIES 13
Dannybear
Master
Master
Are you using the mobile app or web portal?

If web portal then try using incognito private window to access it.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Regards the problem of adding new modes, are you certain your trying to add new mode or are you trying to add a new camera rule to an existing mode? This is usually where you get the run out of camera messages.
Lakegirl2
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the same issue. A short time ago my devices all went off line and I re-synced. Since that time I’ve not been able to view live mode or adjust in utilities.  I actually added a subscription thinking this was now required due to an update or something. I had been using with no problems for 4 years without a subscription. I am still unable to view in live mode. The cameras record movement and send to my recording so why can I not view in live mode or adjust the settings?  

Dannybear
Master
Master
@Lakegirl2,

Are you using the mobile app or web portal on pc?

When you say you can’t view live mode, can you describe what your getting, error message or no picture or audio?
Lakegirl2
Initiate
Initiate
I completely reset my system. Delegated all devices and disconnect d from power. I went through setup like it was new and it appears to now be working. Thank you for replying. I think it’s fixed.
Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

A hell of a lot of trouble having to go through that, right Arlo? Keep on making your users life as complicated as possible, your trademark!

Srack
Apprentice
Apprentice

Latest firmware bricks the base station. Luckily I had a new spare. 

Re-added all cameras and all is well.

If your modes and cameras disappeared you most likely have a bricked base station. Buy a new one off ebay. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The latest firmware does not brick the base. If it did, there would be terrible screaming heard throughout the land. If it really did brick your base, the base likely had a problem in the first place.

I think I saw another post of yours saying that others had reset their base successfully but you didn't. Why not try it?

Srack
Apprentice
Apprentice

The users that said they reset still have issues. I deployed a new base station and all is well. I’m not going to waste time tinkering with the old one. If this new one breaks then I’ll tinker. As of now, my only issue is device order not saving - a common issue I see people have reported since 2017.  🙂 

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

It has absolutely nothing to do with base station nor camera resetting, it has to do with the “local 2K live streaming” option in video settings. Live view only works with that turned OFF.

Don’t know why, but it was ok to be ON before, not anymore.

Srack
Apprentice
Apprentice

That setting is not on older cameras and base units. 

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

Sorry, my problem with live view was with Pro3 cams. No problem with Pro cams live viewing.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SuburbWatch wrote:

A while ago the app look had changed, I assumed it must have been an update.
Since then I can not view any camera live like I have done for … 5years!

Also, there used to be no limitation on how many modes I could setup … now if I want to add a different mode it says all my cameras have been used in the two existing modes.

i hope this is not a new forced way of making people subscribe for something that was included with the initial purchase.

Can you let us know what base you have?  Also confirm the camera models?

Have you tried restarting the base?