Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No Base Stations Found

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Bartarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a VMB4000 base station (not listed in the 'Models' dropdown...)

We recently changed our WiFi password. Arlo stopped working.

I have tried to reset and reconnect. No Base Stations Found. 

My firewall is off.

Any ideas? Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Your WiFi has nothing to do with Arlo. The base uses Ethernet, not WiFi, to connect and the cameras talk to the base on their own dedicated WiFi.

What LEDs are lit on the base and what color?

Bartarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Weird coincidence that it should stop working the moment we changed our internet password...

I am colourblind so I attached a photo of the lights to the original post.

Thank you for you time.
JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

One option: you have all green lights on your base so it has connected to the internet. For that situation it is recommended by Arlo to do a full factory reset. I am not sure why this would have happened when you change your password but Arlo says, in part:

If Arlo still cannot discover your base station, check the color of the Internet LED on your base station:

• If the Internet LED does not light after two minutes, the base station failed to connect to your router. Unplug and re-insert both ends of the Ethernet cable connecting your base station to your router. Make sure that your router is powered on.
  • If the Internet LED lights solid amber, your base station is connected to your router, but is unable to connect to the Arlo cloud server. Make sure that your router is powered on and connected to the Internet.
  • If the Internet LED lights green, perform a factory reset on your base station and try the installation process again. 
JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Your picture didn't come through.

Bartarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Check out the attachment on the right side of the original post.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

All 3 LEDs are green so the base is claimed and at least one camera is connected. That's why no base stations are found - you can only do so when a new or reset one is connected. 

When you say you "reset", it appears that what you really did was power cycle the base (a reset is done via the reset button on the base and/or by removing all devices from Settings, My Devices). The 3 green LEDs means the system is up and working. You should be able to simply use the app or a browser to log in normally and see your cameras. Can you?

richkadams
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue.  One of my 5 Arlo Pro Camera's isn't coming up on my PC web screen.  When I click "Add Device", I select "Arlo Camera Wire Free" and the message I get is "No Base Stations Found".   All 3 lights are green on the base station.  I have rebooted the base, it doesn't help.  I can see all 5 cameras on my Arlo APP, but not on the web-based PC. 

Everything was working until I "Removed Device" for the missing camera.  It wouldn't update and this was a suggested fix (remove the camera and re-add it).  I did that, and it fixed the updating issue.  But, again, now I can't see that camera on my PC Web-based screen.  

Thanks for any help.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @richkadams,

Have you tried using different browsers and on incognito mode to see if you're able to see the fifth camera?