Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Keith4579
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I can connect to the Arlo Pro system fine and have audio on my phone. However, when I enable the mic, the audio on the phone goes away. The mic works. I can see my dogs react to my voice. But, can't hear them until I turn the mic off. Then the audio comes back. I am using a Samsung S7. My GF has an IPhone 6 and she does not have the same problem.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Keith

5 REPLIES 5
JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

x

that's the way it works. It is push to talk, release to listen.

https://kb.arlo.com/1004319/What-is-the-push-to-talk-feature-on-my-Arlo-camera-and-how-does-it-work

Keith4579
Aspirant
Aspirant

I understand how the push to talk system works. As soon as my microphone button is visible, the audio from the camera stops completely without ever touching the mic button. I can push it to talk. But, even when the mic is not engaged, there is no audio. 

rossi123
Aspirant
Aspirant

@Keith4579 wrote:

Hello,

I can connect to the Arlo Pro system fine and have audio on my phone. However, when I enable the mic, the audio on the phone goes away. The mic works. I can see my dogs react to my voice. But, can't hear them until I turn the mic off. Then the audio comes back. I am using a Samsung S7. My GF has an IPhone 6 and she does not have the same problem.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Keith

Hi
try to change the phone to use the Arlo Pro system
I use a samsung s4 without any problem
cordially

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

OK, did not understand that from your original post. Yes, there is something using Android or certain Android phones for some. My experience is that when you bring up the microphone, you can hear everything when it says to wait, but when the "push to talk" message comes up, you either get the continuing background noise or suddenly there is no incoming audio for a few seconds (listening to background noise). Sometimes it just does not come on at all. Sometimes it comes on but is intermittent. What I have found is that if I quickly tap the push to talk button several times if I get nothing, I can get it to recover most of the time. Also need a good connection (couple of bars) to the Arlo base. Not thrilled with this lack of reliability.

rossi123
Aspirant
Aspirant

did not comprehend that from your unique post. Indeed, there is something utilizing Android or certain Android telephones for a few. My experience is that when you raise the receiver, you can hear everything when it says to pause, yet when the "push to talk" message comes up, you either get the proceeding with foundation clamor or all of a sudden there is no approaching sound for a couple of moments (tuning in to foundation commotion). At times it simply does not come on by any means. Some of the time it goes ahead yet is discontinuous. What I have found is that in the event that I rapidly tap the push to talk catch a few times on the off chance that I get nothing, I can motivate it to recuperate more often than not.