Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Kits
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since downloading new app the night vision is horrible. Pixelated and blurry. Has not been like this ever. Have owned for 6+ months

11 REPLIES 11
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kits wrote:
Since downloading new app the night vision is horrible. Pixelated and blurry. Has not been like this ever. Have owned for 6+ months

If you are talking about NightVision recordings, then it's not the app.  It just isn't on the path for recording, just playback.

There were of course other firmware and back-end changes over the past months that might be affecting this.

Pixelation generally points to loss on the camera->base connection.  Try restaring the base and camera (remove/reinsert batteries) if you haven't tried that yet.  If you are still seeing this, you might try moving the camera closer to the base as a test.

Carlosmp
Star
Star

I am not using the new app yet and I have the same issue with video quality, it has definitely gotten worse over time. 

I've have these cameras for over a year, close to 2 I believe, and I can certainly tell it's worse now.

I have no issues with cameras connection to base station, have restarted the base station and changed the cameras batteries and the video, even on "best quality" setting, is still pixelated.

I do believe firmware is to blame here.

Kits
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have not moved the cameras or changed router or moved that either.
I have reset them, disconnected and reconnected, drained them flat, charged them. I have zero clue what to do. I can barely see anything in night mode which is why I purchased them. I bought them online and I tried the online chat to talk to someone but got nothing
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Kits,

You mentioned that you contacted the support team regarding this. Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

Kits
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have tried the online chat to trouble shoot and they aren’t getting anywhere with it. Plus I have been disconnected that many times. I don’t get it. My 3 arlo pro 2 cameras worked perfectly until a month ago. But at night they are terrible and pixelated. But if I go go into video settings it’s not pixelated? Is yours the same?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Kits,

I wanted to let you know I received your private message and sent you a reply back. Hope to hear from you soon!

harley239
Apprentice
Apprentice

I’m having same problems on top of others. This app needs a lot of work.

Carlosmp
Star
Star

I'm fairly certain it has something to do with the firmware updates because the new app is actually working better for me than the Legacy one now. It's faster to respond and open and it seems that geofencing is working well ( for now at least).

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi harley239,

Have you tried reinstalling the Arlo app and rebooting your phone device to see if that helps?

FlashNC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue on one of my cameras.  At night is almost looks like its raining the picture is so bad.  Last night the camera was activating all night long with no movement.  Its like the sensor was determining that the pixelating was motion.....

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey FlashNC,

Have you tried what StephenB suggested above? 

Pixelation generally points to loss on the camera->base connection. Try restarting the base and camera (remove/reinsert batteries) if you haven't tried that yet. If you are still seeing this, you might try moving the camera closer to the base as a test.