Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Night Vision & Motion Sensitivity

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
BirdWatcherNY
Guide
Guide

For the Arlo Pro, does the Motion Sensitivity change when the camera goes into Night Vision? Should I adjust the Sensitivity when Night Mode goes on?

For example, if I have the Sensitivity set at 80% during the day, will the camera still have this level of detection when it goes into Night Vision, or does it go down? In this example, should I up the sensitivity to 90%? Or can I leave it and know that it's still detecting sensitivity at the same level?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's no change in sensitivity relative to the camera daytime vs. night. Only if you change the setting will there be a difference.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The sensitivity remains at whatever setting you have in your mode. Some folks like to use a lower setting during the day due to false triggers and then raise it at night.  To do this, create your own custom modes and use the schedule to automate the process.

BirdWatcherNY
Guide
Guide

Thanks! But I see I wasn't clear in what I was asking.

What I meant was, does 80% Sensitivity during the day pick up the same as 80% Sensitivity in Night Mode? IOW, does the actual motion detection change in Night Mode? Assuming the settings stay the same.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's no change in sensitivity relative to the camera daytime vs. night. Only if you change the setting will there be a difference.