New version of app in iOS not updating properly

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
HB15
Apprentice
Apprentice

Both my Iphone and IPad are giving me a "There is a new version of the Arlo app available.  Please update now" message, but when I go to the App Store, there is no update option, just "open", which indicates I'm already on the current version.

Just to experiment, I deleted the app and reinstalled it.  As soon as I launched it, it goes right back to the new version message and tries to get me back to the App Store, where I can only open the app but not update.  So it appears I'm in an infinite loop with this warning message.

What's going on with this?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HB15
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yup, mine just showed up too.  I guess I moved too fast for the update process.

Seems like a silly waste of time to issue an app update that does nothing but change the non-live pics from grey to color, but whatever.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ek2016
Tutor
Tutor

I had the same thing, but all of a sudden the iOS iPhone version 2.3.1 showed up in my "pending" section.  Greyed out thumbnail non-live views are now color stills.

HB15
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yup, mine just showed up too.  I guess I moved too fast for the update process.

Seems like a silly waste of time to issue an app update that does nothing but change the non-live pics from grey to color, but whatever.

manofice
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
HB15, they did it because everyone complained about it.
ek2016
Tutor
Tutor

Strange thing is, they left the "record until activity stops" option which JamesC said would be removed until it's ready to released...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's gone here.  You're still seeing it?  Might be an exact update timing thing.

HB15
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm continue to struggle with the iOS app doing strange things.

1) In armed mode, the option to expand beyond 10 seconds of video is greyed out, so I can't change it.  Although if I recreate the mode under a different name, I can adjust the recording length.

2) No matter how many times I try to save the "record video on motion" option, it doesn't save.

3) Somtimes when I edit a mode, I have the "save" option.  Other times it just says "done".

4) If I set the siren on option, but only want text notifications, I get a warning that the siren might go off and not notify me.  Apparently it wants me to select email rather than (or in addition to) the text notification.

5) If I set record video via the web site, it still shows the option unchecked in iOS.

Is anyone else experiencing this?