Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Skullcap
Aspirant
Aspirant
#1 One of my three cameras is offline and the app settings fof thge camera are missing, other than the rename and remove device options.
#2 upon trying to resolve via MyArlo, I get an error popup that I don't have permission for the login request. But then the window is accessible with my devices, though none of the settings menus are active (i.e., they're greyed out).

I'm no techie, but these don't seem like operator errors.
6 REPLIES 6
brh
Master
Master

@Skullcap

First thing to try would be to remove it and readd it to the system.

Second thing would be to power off the base unit for about 30 seconds and power up again.

Lastly, contact Customer Support at the green banner near the bottom of the page as this may have been previously owned and the owner did not remove it from his system before returning it.

Brian

Skullcap
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks. I'll try your tips.

It's new, not preowned and paired and operated before I mounted it outside in a porch. Trouble is having to remove and re-initiate/pair is a pain in the rear to address. It also doesn't explain why the webswebsite's not responding properly or allowing me to adjust settings outside the app.
brh
Master
Master

@Skullcap

OK, I wasn't sure if you meant that the website was sending you the message or the camera. What browser are you using? When the cameras were set up, were your email and password used to take ownership of the system? 

I am still confused as to how you are getting past the login if it tells you that you do not have permissions?  Pleas clarify that for me.

Brian

Skullcap
Aspirant
Aspirant
In the app, missing are the settings options for the one problem camera. All it gives me the option to do is rename or remove the device. Unlike the other two camera settings that display all the available setting functions.

The My Arlo website (in Android Chrome), itself, is also wonky. Giving me a login error, but then disdplaying my device's, anyways, but with the setting functions greyed-out/non-functioning.
brh
Master
Master

@Skullcap

OK, I am starting to understand what you are saying. When you say Android Chrome are you trying to log into your account through a browser on your phone, or other device? Do you have a Windows PC available?

The other question is were you the one that set the system up in the first place? Did you share the devices?

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@Skullcap

At this point it is acting like the camera was added before to the system, but not deleted. It appears not to be synced to the base. You could try to delete the camera from Devices and re-add it and see if it syncs. Sometimes powering off the base for 30 seconds then powering up the base will correct everything and put everything back into sync. I don't yet know why the My Arlo is not working and sending you those messages.

Brian