Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New arlo pro won't work

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Fozzyaabb
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi I had a arlo 2 camera system that worked fine for a year. Just bought the arlo pro 4 camera system to replace it and the Pro base station links up with my modem but none of the new Pro cameras work. I charged batteries and swapped them but no success. One of the old cameras worked with the new pro base station. I got onto tech support who said it could be my wifi but couldn't help in any way. I deinstalled the arlo pro and put the old arlo system back in and that wouldn't work either. It seems to be by router/wifi is causing the issue

Any suggestions??
8 REPLIES 8
Streak2
Master Master
Master

How far is the base from your wifi router?

I assume all 3 green lights are on on the base?

Have you tried restarting your wifi router?

Last resort, factory reset the pro base also open and close the battery doors on the pro cameras to get them to reset too then try again.

Fozzyaabb
Aspirant
Aspirant
The base is right next to the router.
yes, two of the 3 lights are on. The 3rd light which is the camera sync light just flashes yellow then eventually the camera times out
I have restarted the router
I have tried to factory reset the base and it won't reset, however I have taken all the batteries out of the camera, ensured they are charged and reinserted them
Still no luck...
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Try and get some distance between the base and your wireless router.

The length of the supplied Ethernet cable should be enough.

The base sets up its own wireless network with the cameras and we want to make sure that your wifi router is not causing any interference.

See here fro instructions about resetting the base.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-base-station-to-the-def...

Fozzyaabb
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, reset the base station and it. Ow registers, however I am try I get to sync the cameras and non of them will sync. The 3rd green light on the base station flashes when I press the sync button and the camer has. Slow blue flash for about a minute. It doesn't go to fast blue flash. Then after a Minute or so the camera blinks yellow indicating no sync achieved and that's it. All 4 cameras are the same. They are all fully charged
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure you're only briefly pressing the base sync button - don't hold it.

Fozzyaabb
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, thanks jguerdat. I have been only pressing it for a second or two and it goes into pairing mode. The cameras don't sync from there
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
What are the base LEDs showing?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Fozzyaabb wrote:
Yes, thanks jguerdat. I have been only pressing it for a second or two and it goes into pairing mode. The cameras don't sync from there

two seconds is to long... atempt with a QUICK press on the base sync and then a sec later push the camera sync

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------