Arlo Pro missing motion

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
robroutt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a few of the Arlo Pro cameras and have noticed an issue with the motion detection. I have a video clip of a person walking past the camera (leaving) but no corresponding video of them arriving. I know who it was and asked them what path they took, but the Arlo didn't catch them coming over a period of about 20-25 feet, but it did catch them standing right below the camera and walking away. Any ideas on increasing the sensitivity for this? I had it at about 80%, I have moved it to 100% after this incident. IDK if it is the angle of approach, but I am limited on this as the camera is installed on the corner of my home. Thanks in advance for the feedback. 

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Could be angle of approach since motion is best detected across the FOV, not at the camera. Also, detection range max is about 20-25 feet so any variance from ideal could be an issue. Post screenshots for suggestions.
robroutt
Aspirant
Aspirant

not sure how-to grab a screenshot after recording is over so here is the video I am referring to. Notice the video starts with my contractor under the camera and watches him walk away. He took the same or similar path walking up..

Motion Failed to catch contractor

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I will say the PROs usu have a better response than that....

I would do one of two things if it were mine...swap that camera with another ( same location and angle ) to see if the camera is having an issue..

OR, I would fully reset that camera by pulling battery/remove device/bring back as new... this would set all in camera and base to default, then test again.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since there's blank video at the beginning, I'd guess the recording started when the man walked under the camera.  He then spent a couple of seconds out of sight and returned to view to leave.  The basic issue is motion directly at the camera.  While the Pro PIR system works better than the original, it's still a problem that is best alleviated by having motion from side to side.  I can't tell what you have to the left or right of where you currently have the camera mounted but I'd try moving it to the left (as seen in the video - over the parked truck) as far as possible so it's rotated to cover the area.