New app help with scheduling

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Khone
Luminary
Luminary

I "upgraded" my ARLO system and I'm not happy with it.

Before the upgrade, I was able to set-up a schedule. With the upgrade, I see no way to do that and, as a result, my cameras are on 24/7.

Please tell me how I get my system back to the schedule I set-up. If I can't get it back like it was, then all is going in the recycle bin.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Khone wrote:

Please tell me how I get my system back to the schedule I set-up.

What schedule did you have before?  Were all cameras enabled/disabled together?  

Khone
Luminary
Luminary

Prior to the upgrade, my cameras were on a schedule to turn on and off at specific times and record motion when on. I found the following info by accident.

Screenshot 2024-08-17 171824.png

Now, however, my cameras are on constantly and do not record.

How do I get them back like I had them set-up - on and off at specified times with recording when active?

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

I currently have 11 custom modes that satisfy my operational needs using the original app UI.

It is desirable if the original app UI had custom schedules in addition to the custom modes.

I would also like to see the option to go back to the original app UI maintained going forward before I commit to this UI upgrade.

I would not like to commit to purchasing a subscription plan and then threaten to remove the subscription just to revert the app experience.

Canceling a credit card is not my preferred option to prevent arlo from continuously overcharging it.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Khone wrote:

Prior to the upgrade, my cameras were on a schedule to turn on and off at specific times and record motion when on. I found the following info by accident.

Now, however, my cameras are on constantly and do not record.

How do I get them back like I had them set-up - on and off at specified times with recording when active?

If the intent is to arm all cameras between 8:30 pm and 5:30 am and disarm them between 5:30 am and 8:30 pm, then:

1. Schedule 1 and Schedule 4 can be deleted.  Note the schedule automations just tell the system to switch to Mode X at Time Y.  They do not lay out a timetable like they did before.  That is why you can delete 1 and 4, as there is nothing special about crossing midnight.  
  2. Schedule 2 should tell the system to switch to Standby, and Schedule 3 should tell the system to switch to Arm Home.  

One mistake you made is that the schedule automations are only activated when you are already in Arm Home mode.  My guess is that right now the system is in Arm Away.  So none of your schedule automations will ever trigger. 

One option here is to change the setup so the automations are always enabled.  Then the schedule will kick in no matter what.

I think a better option is to change the setup so the automations are enabled in Arm Home and Standby, but NOT in Arm Away.  The system should then stay armed 24/7 when you manually set it to Arm Away, but revert to the schedule when you manually set it back to Arm Home or Standby.  Then you should be able to set the system to Arm Away manually when you go on a trip, and set it back to Arm Home or Standby when you return.

Note if you return during the day, you'd need to set it to Standby, and if you return after 8:30pm you'd need to set it to Arm Home.  That is because the new setup just triggers the mode changes at the times you set, it doesn't figure out what mode you want the system to be in at any time of the day.

Either way since there are bugs, you should test the schedule, to make sure it is working the way you want.

First set the system to Arm Home during the day and making sure it stays in Arm Home that evening.  Then confirm that it goes into Standby the next morning, and then goes into Arm Home that evening.  This will take two days.

Then set the system to Arm Away during the day. 

1. If the automations are always enabled, then make sure it switches to Arm Home at night.  Switch it back to Arm Away after 8:30 pm, and make sure it switches to Standby in the morning.
  2. If automations are only activated in Arm Away and Standby, then make sure it doesn't switch to Arm Home at night, and doesn't switch to Standby in the morning.