How do I undo an update?

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Kokosmom
Follower
Follower

I liked how my cameras were set up on my feed. My saved videos were all in thumbnails in neat little rows and columns on my devices. 
one day I log in and it says it has new features for me. I click on that button and now I have BS about arming while I’m away and widgets on my home page. My devices tab have the live feed options only and My feed has each camera notification stacked and using an entire line all by itself listing whether it’s armed or not. Once I click on an event I can no longer just hit the back button and go back but have to exit the entire app and come back before I can another. I really HATE this new interface. It’s clumsy, not user-friendly, and I just want to go back to the way it was. Can anyone help me/

9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kokosmom wrote:

Once I click on an event I can no longer just hit the back button and go back but have to exit the entire app and come back before I can another.

Actually if you press on the < in the upper left of the screen, it will go back.

Khone
Luminary
Luminary

Same thing here. The big problem for me is the cameras never turn off and constantly alert me to movement.

I guess I'll just remove everything and recycle it all.

No help  on how to set-it up for turning on/off at specific times like before. And, no library.

Tired of "updates" that are convenient for the developers and not the end users.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Khone wrote:

The big problem for me is the cameras never turn off and constantly alert me to movement.

Does that happen even if you put the system into standby?

@Khone wrote:

And, no library.

"Feed" replaces "Library"

Are you saying that no recordings are saved there?

What camera models do you have?

Khone
Luminary
Luminary

Yup. No matter where the system is, Away, Home, or Standby. All motion is recorded.

As for the library, don't particularly like it. I prefer the old way.

My cameras are old, first gen I think. I've disabled all of them. Don't anticipate bringing them back online as I'm definitely not happy with the upgrade. Don't see any reason to when I cannot set-up a schedule like I had before.

Thank you StephenB 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Khone wrote:

Don't see any reason to when I cannot set-up a schedule like I had before.

Scheduling still works, but you are limited to the 3 modes - which does put some restrictions on it.

If you provide more info on the details of how many cameras you have, and how you want to scheduling them, we might be able to help.

Khone
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks StephenB

Here's what has been happening.
I have 3 ARLO Pro (VMC4030) cameras. 
I reset my base station and then added all three cameras. Took a while, but finally got that done.
Then I opened ARLO and on the Home page there is one camera showing. It is constantly recording motion and sending notifications. Had to turn it off to stop that.
Then I wanted to set-up a schedule so I went to Routines, Modes, then Device Rules when in Home Mode. All 3 cameras are set to detect motion, record and notify.
Then, under Automations, 1. Custom Schedule 8:00 PM Arm Home and  2. Custom Schedule 6:00 AM Arm Away (tried Standby but couldn't get that to work)
So, right now, all three cameras are sitting in front of me, all quiet. Remember, I had to turn one off because it was live continuously. What I need to do is wait until tomorrow morning to see whether or not I figured out this puzzle. Just have to remember to turn the one camera back on. Supposedly all three should turn on at 8 PM and then off at 6 AM next morning.
At least that's what I'm hoping for. If not, probably recycle time. Tired of screwing with it. Total frustration and aggravation.
Let me know what you think.
Regards
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Khone wrote:
Then I opened ARLO and on the Home page there is one camera showing. It is constantly recording motion and sending notifications. Had to turn it off to stop that.

I've seen a couple of other posts from people experiencing this. You might need to try another hardware reset on that particular camera.

@Khone wrote:
Then, under Automations, 1. Custom Schedule 8:00 PM Arm Home and  2. Custom Schedule 6:00 AM Arm Away (tried Standby but couldn't get that to work)
So, right now, all three cameras are sitting in front of me, all quiet. Remember, I had to turn one off because it was live continuously. What I need to do is wait until tomorrow morning to see whether or not I figured out this puzzle. Just have to remember to turn the one camera back on. Supposedly all three should turn on at 8 PM and then off at 6 AM next morning.

What happened when you tried standby?

One common mistake I am seeing is that people are only enabling the automation for one mode.  

If this still doesn't work, then maybe post the screen shots of the automation you are using.

Khone
Luminary
Luminary

When I tried Standby, I couldn't save it. That's why I went to Arm Away. No error messages or anything, just no Save button.

I figured if I set-up automation for them to open, it would make sense to make one for them to shut down.

If they don't come on at 8 and shut down at 6, I'll do the screen shots.

Appreciate your interest.

My day is done. More tomorrow

Khone
Luminary
Luminary

Well, here’s the results of my efforts to try and get my ARLO system to work. Wasted effort. I violated the  golden rule I established when I was in the military - “If it works, don’t fix it”.

The 5 screenshots are what come up when I log in to my account and click on the appropriate section. Notice the “feed” shot - no videos. Here’s what’s weird. If I click on any camera, I get videos from as much as 5 days ago but they are not in the feeds or my phone, only on the camera. And, same problem as with the old system - videos only about 8-16 seconds long despite constant motion. 

I’m burned out on this. It’s obvious ARLO designers came up with the “upgrade” ignoring the end users. What a waste.

Gonna shop around for something that is user friendly.

I appreciate all the interest and help on this “upgrade debacle”.

Thank you all and have a good week.1 Cameras.png2. Dashboard.png3 Modes.png4 Routines.png5 Feeds.png

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation