Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New add on Arlo Pro camera not appearing on phone app

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
dodgerr
Aspirant
Aspirant

I synced and set up an additional camera, wire free Model VCM4030, (4th on system) and it works fine for my HTC android, but will not show up on a Samsung Note8 android.  I tried live chat tech support, but kept getting an error message.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Grantingaccess is done to allow others to see the cameras without logging each other out. Check Sttings, Grant Access.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the Note 8 is using your credentials, I would clear the app cache in the phone settings and maybe reinstall it. If the Note 8 is using a granted access account, be sure to add the new camera to the account - it's not automatic.

dodgerr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the fast reply jguerdat, clearing the cache didn't work, nor did logging out and in, or uninstalling and reinstalling the app.  I'm not familiar with "granted access".  What is that? 

I should add that the Note 8 was working fine with 3 cameras and still is, the app just doesn't acknowedge the new camera.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Grantingaccess is done to allow others to see the cameras without logging each other out. Check Sttings, Grant Access.

dodgerr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Great thank you! That did it.  I was looking for the "grant access" in DWs Note 8 phone like an app permission.  Your explanation was very helpfull.  I found the grant access in my app on my phone and she can see all 4 cameras now.