Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New WiFi password now cant connect to base station

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JasonPhoto
Follower
Follower

I have an older model Arlo system with the Pro camera's. I recently changed the password for my WIFI and now the Arlo base wont reconnect to the internet. I have it hooked up to the same router and ethernet cable as before. The green internet light on the base does blink green then goes off.

I can find Arlo on my WIFI devices, but I cant connect it there either. It says password incorrect when I type in my new password. The old WIFI password wont work either.

DO I need to somehow change / update the WIFI password in the Arlo app? The app and the PC site wont let me get to the device info spot to update WIFI password. 

I did the factory reset on the base station and finally found it with the app. But still unable to connect to internet through the WIFI.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JasonPhoto wrote:

I have an older model Arlo system with the Pro camera's. I recently changed the password for my WIFI and now the Arlo base wont reconnect to the internet. I have it hooked up to the same router and ethernet cable as before. The green internet light on the base does blink green then goes off.

The base doesn't connect to your wifi at all, so the password change isn't the actual cause.

The Arlo wifi network is created by the base, and is closed - only the cameras can join it.  This has always been the case.

Do you have a PC with an ethernet connection? 

If you do, try connecting it to the router using the same cable, and see if it connects (being careful to keep wifi off on the the PC).

If not, try connecting the ethernet cable to a different port on the router.  Also try rebooting both the router and the base.