Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New Solar Panel's Not Charging

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
SecretSsc
Aspirant
Aspirant
Purchased 6 Solar panels several months ago, finally put one up 2 months ago and it was working fine, until it stopped working. Now says Charging Fault and when I went to change out the panel, noticed that the charge port looked burnt out! Anyone else have this issue with the Solar Panels and the micro USB port on the camera?
4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

does the camera still work and does the ac adapter charge the camera thru the usb port?

If so the port is prob fine... can you test another panel ?

If so, the usb area may have crud in it from rain intrusion

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
SecretSsc
Aspirant
Aspirant
I opened and connected a new Solar Panel but nothing happens. Camera still works but I must continue to charge the battery independently. Have not brought the camera inside to try the plug in charger yet. Plan to do that today.
SecretSsc
Aspirant
Aspirant

So, I finally had a chance to get on a ladder to get the camera down and bring it into the house to see if the battery will charge with the plug, and it does!  However I swapped out another solar panel, that appeared to work for a few seconds, then NOTHING!  Also, the inside of the charging port on the camera does look like it is burnt out, or as if water may have seeped in there (which should not have happened if the solar panels are made to seal and keep water out of the charging port when plugged in).  Either way, it only charges with the indoor plug.  Very dissappointed since I purchased 5 solar panels!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The reality of the waterproof plugs is that they're hard to make sure they're fully seated. You have to take the time and effort to make sure all is well when plugging them in. Of course, it's possible a manufacturing defect happened allowing water in. In that case, opening a case with support is what you'd need to do.