Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New Arlo Pro won't charge

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
AlexiaBH
Follower
Follower

Hi Community,

I am desperately attempting to recharge my brand new arlo pro camera. I am using the provided USB power adapter and plugging straight into the wall. I have left the camera plugged in to charge overnight and still the battery life is dropping even further. For the amount of money for the device paid, especially compared to others in the market, I am pretty irritated and can see there are countless threads with the same issue.

I have tried unplugging, replugging and pushing the battery pack back into the camera case. I've updated camera operating system, along with the power station. I am unsure of what else to do and feel quite miffed that this is a widespread issue - if I had've known I would've opted for another camera... 

1 REPLY 1
doczenith1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Lets do some basic trouble shooting.  First I would try a different cable.  If a different cable doesn't help we need to try a different charging brick.  This is a little more difficult as you need a Quick Charge 2 or 3 capable charger to provide the voltage needed for charging the Arlo Pro.  If you don't own this type of charger and don't have a friend that has one that you could borrow you can find them online for around $10.  If neither of those work then you may have a defective battery.

One other option is to see if the provided USB power adapter and cable will charge some other device such as a cell phone.  Keep in mind that this test is somewhat inconclusive as it will only test the 5V output of the charger.  The Arlo Pro needs the 9V mode provided by the Quick Charge 2 or 3 capable charger.