Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MoxieMan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had an Arlo 720 and base station for years and it would record activity fairly instantly.  People would walk in my driveway or front porch and it would catch/record almost their entire route.  It would even pick up animals running across my driveway with no issues.  I was so pleased with the product that I upgraded to the new Arlo Gen 3 VMB3500 base station and 1080P cameras, mounted them in the exact same spot as my older cameras and now all of my videos start recording to late!  Motion is detected but by the time the recording starts the subject has either left the picture or is just on the outside frame.   Someone drops something off at my door and I never see the person, only empty space because the recording triggered too late. So my recordings (and security system) are useless at this point. I also have my old cameras and have the same response with this new base station.  And please don’t post a reply saying “re position your cameras” and then mark this post solved (which I am seeing on others posts as well as my previous posts). It has nothing to do with the camera positioning as they are in the exact same spot/mounts as they were with my older base station (and when I test I can see the camera picking up my movement – it just has a massive lag before the recording starts.  Solution for this is needed. 

(interesting I just recently bought this base station and I am not seeing this model in the drop down for this post - Arlo Gen 3 VMB3500 base station which is labeled on the bottom of the base station)

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @MoxieMan

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

MoxieMan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I had previously opened a case and was assigned a case number but have not heard from anyone yet.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@MoxieMan

I have notified the team & support will be contacting you as soon as possible.

Msylv82
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem with mine. The system is useless if you can’t see what causes the motion. Would love any solutions people have
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hk @Msylv82

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any prior methods you have previously performed.

Msylv82
Aspirant
Aspirant
This morning I disconnected each camera. Restarted the camera. Then reconnected it. Seems to have improved it. I’ll keep an eye on it to see if it really did fix the problem