Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

10:42 AM 9-24-2019: In an effort to answer your questions efficiently, we'll be answering your question within the same post where it was asked. Due to the number of duplicate questions, you may need to refer to the first post answered.

Arlo recently released a new Arlo App for iOS and Android mobile devices. Please join Alex Jukl, senior product manager for Arlo iOS, Android and Web applications at 11AM PT this Tuesday 9/24/19 as he shares the highlights of this update and takes your questions about the new Arlo mobile app.

Alex will be taking your questions live in this Arlo Community discussion thread at 11AM PT Tuesday 9/24/19. We will leave this thread open until the end of the day for you to post questions if you can’t make it during the live chat. Alex will come back and respond to the questions you leave outside the time of our scheduled chat.

AlexJ.png

Alex Jukl serves as senior product manager for iOS, Android, and Web applications at Arlo where he is responsible for creating and delivering new features and enhancements to the Arlo apps. Since joining the company, Alex has led the effort to create and launch the new “By Arlo” app. Prior to Arlo, he held roles in business planning and product marketing at consumer electronics companies where he delivered connected solutions for creative professionals and enthusiasts. Alex earned his bachelor of arts at UC Santa Cruz (go Slugs!) and a MBA from Santa Clara University.

We look forward to having you join the conversation!

Thank you!

237 REPLIES 237
daveahl
Tutor
Tutor

For all asking why change the App, the info is in the email you received:

Why are we requiring this change?

Since Arlo is now a separate company from NETGEAR, we're required to migrate to our own developer account on the App Store and Google Play, which requires all users to download the Arlo app from our new account.

What is changing?

• If you have set up Geofencing, you will be asked to re-enable your mobile device(s) in the new app to automatically trigger Home and Away modes based on location. After updating to the new app, your old Arlo Legacy app will no longer trigger location-based mode changes.
  • If you are an Arlo Smart subscriber, you will need to enter your Call a Friend information again.
  • The new Arlo app will receive the latest bug fixes and features, including two-step verification which adds an extra layer of protection to your Arlo account to prevent against unauthorized access.

What if I don’t download the new Arlo app by September 30, 2019?

After September 30, 2019, you will no longer be able to access your account on the old Arlo Legacy app. To ensure a smooth transition, we encourage you to download the new Arlo app now. Once downloaded, just use your same Arlo login and password to access your Arlo devices. We then recommend deleting the old Arlo app from your devices.

Questions? Visit our FAQ page.

Chrlise
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m a new Arlo customer and struggle with grant access for authorized users of my system. The authorized user has created an account and logged in but has not received any notification to accept access.
I hope you can assist in solving the matter.
Thanks
Christian
mboldis
Initiate
Initiate

1. When we can mute notifications for certain cameras, and not for the whole system? Some times all I need to turn off backyard notifications when kids are playing, but in front I have contractors working and I want to record everything.
2. Please make the application to connect faster. Most of the time I connect first to my CCTV to check if someone is around, then I only check Arlo for recording purposes.

png
Apprentice
Apprentice

I would like the time stamp to stay always on the screen.  Just having it appear once and go away isn't helpful as want the context of when things are happening.   

My use case is that i just let a video play from my timeline with the scrub bar and time stamp moving.  I record full screen to capture the entire video with timestamps.

Tmidgley
Initiate
Initiate

The old app and new still draining my battery because even though I turned off “motion” alerts they persist. This is a huge problem when you’re managing a device from 2000k miles away and are only in town every 4-6 weeks. Need a fix ASAP. Camera’s are 2 months old Arlo Pro 2’s.

Hairjordan
Initiate
Initiate
Yes we need a new or custom notification sound. That differs from the rest
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Chrlise wrote:
I’m a new Arlo customer and struggle with grant access for authorized users of my system. The authorized user has created an account and logged in but has not received any notification to accept access.
I hope you can assist in solving the matter.
Thanks
Christian

If you are sure you are using the correct email address, it sounds like you are doing it correctly.  Normally it works just fine.

alfadur
Aspirant
Aspirant
  • What do you primarily use the Arlo AppleTV app for? I use it for monitoring my toddlers when they are in the playroom or other parts of the house. Without the AppleTV app, we have to have Arlo up on our phones while cookies, doing laundry, etc.
  • If you had a magic wand, what would the app do for you? Exactly what it already does. It was great.
  • What frustrates you about the AppleTV app today? It pauses randomly and we have to close out of the app and go back in to see live video.
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Tmidgley wrote:

The old app and new still draining my battery because even though I turned off “motion” alerts they persist. This is a huge problem when you’re managing a device from 2000k miles away and are only in town every 4-6 weeks. Need a fix ASAP. Camera’s are 2 months old Arlo Pro 2’s.

If you have not already done so, try restarting your base station and removing and re-inserting the batteries on your cameras. 

SweetBeth
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the base station and 2 wireless cameras on front and back door inside the house. The back door camera stopped recording with motion/detecting motion. It occasionally caught me up close like, 2 feet but I’m talking about just 12 feet /kitchen length away it stopped detecting and recording and I restarted the station, turned the device on and off, recharged it and even removed the device once.

Hairjordan
Initiate
Initiate
We need better play back on these cameras. Keeps freezing during playback and push to talk feature need more work.
ArloAlex
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey everyone - THANK YOU for all the feedback, we love your passion and hope we can continue to address your questions! We're a bit over-time here but I'd like to continue to get back to all of you over the course of the next week. 

For now, if you haven't moved to the new "Arlo" app, I'd like to encourage you to do so quickly - after September 30, 2019, the old Netgear "Arlo Legacy" app will not be able to access your account. To have no interruption in your ability to access your cameras or account from your iOS or Android device, it's important to migrate over now. 

And, once you get the new Arlo app, it's a great idea to enable 'two-step verification' to add more protection to your account. 

Thanks all - looking forward to continuing the conversation!

Alex

ArloAlex
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey all - I'm back for a bit to get to the questions I wasn't able to hit last time, and I'll be popping back in throughout the next week to try to get everything responded to.

One quick note - if you've asked something that I've more-or-less replied to (ie, "Why do I need to move to the new Arlo app?"), we'll be trying to go back and tag you in that original response. 

OK!

giphy-2.gif