Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

10:42 AM 9-24-2019: In an effort to answer your questions efficiently, we'll be answering your question within the same post where it was asked. Due to the number of duplicate questions, you may need to refer to the first post answered.

Arlo recently released a new Arlo App for iOS and Android mobile devices. Please join Alex Jukl, senior product manager for Arlo iOS, Android and Web applications at 11AM PT this Tuesday 9/24/19 as he shares the highlights of this update and takes your questions about the new Arlo mobile app.

Alex will be taking your questions live in this Arlo Community discussion thread at 11AM PT Tuesday 9/24/19. We will leave this thread open until the end of the day for you to post questions if you can’t make it during the live chat. Alex will come back and respond to the questions you leave outside the time of our scheduled chat.

AlexJ.png

Alex Jukl serves as senior product manager for iOS, Android, and Web applications at Arlo where he is responsible for creating and delivering new features and enhancements to the Arlo apps. Since joining the company, Alex has led the effort to create and launch the new “By Arlo” app. Prior to Arlo, he held roles in business planning and product marketing at consumer electronics companies where he delivered connected solutions for creative professionals and enthusiasts. Alex earned his bachelor of arts at UC Santa Cruz (go Slugs!) and a MBA from Santa Clara University.

We look forward to having you join the conversation!

Thank you!

237 REPLIES 237
Kenbo
Aspirant
Aspirant

The live video on the new app is choppy while smooth on the legacy app.  Will this be fixed by the time you disable the legacy app?

Also, would be nice if we could mute notifications for individual cams as opposed to all cams at the same time.  I have to mute a particular cam whenever it gets windy because the mic is overly sensitive, but then I lose notifications for the other cams not affected by the wind.

akshak
Aspirant
Aspirant

What's use of activity zone when its not working? I have set 2 zones for my backyard camera and none of them works even though hardly 7-10 feets away. 

RivenCsky
Aspirant
Aspirant

today at 11AM PT / 2PM ET

danncan
Initiate
Initiate

What is the status of home automation integrations:

Home Assistant

SmartThings

Hubitat

HomeKit

Can ONVIF support be enabled through update or is it never going to happen?

Thanks!

zubrio
Initiate
Initiate
Love the product but I keep get motion events that record for say 30 seconds but after 12 seconds the video revert to a frozen picture before motion was detected but keeps recording audio. This has happened several times on cameras with power. This needs a fix for obvious reasons.
fleafly
Initiate
Initiate

Takes too long to open camera feed when I get a motion notification. Useless. I expected better reliability when spending $800+ on these cameras. Battery life is horrible. The legacy app constantly crashed. Overall, disappointed. 

darreng1029
Aspirant
Aspirant

The new android application seems to have a bug where it doesn't list all geofence enabled devices.  Under the old application, it still shows multiple devices but under the new one, it only shows my current device (even though it shows a count of 2 devices as being enabled).  There is no way for me unselect the "old" enabled device and hence the geofence functionality isn't working for me anymore.

VASoundman
Initiate
Initiate
I have the ultra base station, same question. When is the ETA of HomeKit?
Jmac6298
Aspirant
Aspirant
Please fix the battery issues for the arlpro2 cameras, they barely last a week and a half
Mando12
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 2 homes and I want to know how I can add a second Arlo system to my second home in a different state and only using the 1 mobile app?
HRF22
Aspirant
Aspirant

I thought this was going to be a live feed.

lisaanne94
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ever since my Arlo app automatically updated on my Android device on 9/20/19 I have been unable to access my cameras on any device. The system will not allow me to even login. Receiving a message "We are sorry. The system is experiencing an unexpected issue."

Have tried my.arlo.com on a PC (have tried different PCs, contacted Arlo, deleted browser history, everything) as well as uninstalling and reinstalling on different cellular devices. Same message each time. The lack of access is really making me want to see the cameras I have and move to a different system. It's been nearly a week and no update or change.  

Retired_Member
Not applicable

When using multiple cameras, especially on larger screen such as ipad, in the old version the multiple windows (different cameras) took up almost all of the screen, it is now a small picture for each camera.  Any way to change that?  Using as a baby monitor you want the picture to be as large as possible.

somewhereiniowa
Star
Star
Djackr

Mode
Record Video, click pencil
Record for a fixed length of time.
Adjust bar to your time liking.
Incoder
Aspirant
Aspirant
When will you allow us to disable notifications for selected custom modes. (I.E. I have a mode that monitors for movement in zones and sends a IFTTT trigger, but also sends an email for every movement) I have to filter out literally thousands of emails (look at Twitter support for a 70,000 picture) that could be avoided if I could just turn off notifications for that mode.
Nancy_L
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have the same problem with older devices running IOS 9.3.5.  If the app won't work on those any longer you have just cut the usefulness of my system in half.  Do I now have to go buy new Apple devices to use my Arlo system?

The_Fitz_Dog
Guide
Guide

I like the addition of two factor authentication. However, I can not add a new trusted device and then change the primary to this new trusted. I also can not delete the only allowed trusted device because there needs to be at least one.

I have tried to do this through an iPhone, iPad and on the web using Safari, Firefox and Chrome (all on a Mac). Are you aware of this issue and is there anything in the works to resolve it?

Aldursil
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would love to see an option where the app would be able to have a very loud alert to be enabled and also bypass Do Not Disturb mode on Android. Then when an alert is sent you would hear it. As it is now I never hear the alert and hours later I could see I got a push notification. Not having this kind of makes alerts useless to me. 

Thanks

wallyworlddhs
Initiate
Initiate

The new download will or does not have geo fencing

--

@wallyworlddhs Geofencing is still a feature with the new version of the Arlo mobile app. If you have set up Geofencing, you will be asked to re-enable your mobile device(s) in the new app to automatically trigger Home and Away modes based on location. After updating to the new app, the Arlo Legacy app will no longer trigger location-based mode changes.

-JamesC

Nfstange44
Aspirant
Aspirant
A few questions

I had a battery drain on HomeKit when the arlo pro 2 was under my favorite cameras it went from 100% to 2% in a day I didn’t view the camera at all to the live feed and it still drained will this issue be fixed.

2. If I have another person for geolocation why does their phone always say unavailable when there signed in allowing location services on iPhone 8+

3. Any chances the arlo security system debuted at ces will come out with the sensors and alarm ?
RivenCsky
Aspirant
Aspirant

With the new app on Apple, I have noted that the app is sending notifications each time I enter and exit the geofence location even when the option is turned off in the app settings.  I would like to only be notified of events and as others have noted, I would like to assign a sound or alert that states this is a priority item that needs addressing and review.  

dpatterson76
Initiate
Initiate

I have had the same issue.  The mic also cuts out after less than 30 seconds.  It is not very useful when talking to someone who is at my front door when I am at work.  Do you guys plan to make any fixes to the remote mic access?  I would love to be able to have a conversation that lasts more than 30 seconds.

bpasternack
Initiate
Initiate

How does this chat work?  With over  7,000 responses, am I expected to view them all?

BLUSER
Initiate
Initiate

I have loaded and deleted the new arlo app on my android samung S-9 multiple times because  i do not receive push notifications, emails or at time the cameras do not even detect motion and record. Once the new arlo app is on my device I have uninstalled the legacy app. When I reload the arlo legacy app and uninstall the new app  everythingseems to work fine. Currently have both apps loaded and it appears at the moment I am receiving push and emails for my two arlo pro cameras for both apps. Is there a reason that the new app doesnt function? Push notification are enabled on by android. Thank you

jimmww
Aspirant
Aspirant

When will we have the ability to rotate the image 90 degrees?