Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

10:42 AM 9-24-2019: In an effort to answer your questions efficiently, we'll be answering your question within the same post where it was asked. Due to the number of duplicate questions, you may need to refer to the first post answered.

Arlo recently released a new Arlo App for iOS and Android mobile devices. Please join Alex Jukl, senior product manager for Arlo iOS, Android and Web applications at 11AM PT this Tuesday 9/24/19 as he shares the highlights of this update and takes your questions about the new Arlo mobile app.

Alex will be taking your questions live in this Arlo Community discussion thread at 11AM PT Tuesday 9/24/19. We will leave this thread open until the end of the day for you to post questions if you can’t make it during the live chat. Alex will come back and respond to the questions you leave outside the time of our scheduled chat.

AlexJ.png

Alex Jukl serves as senior product manager for iOS, Android, and Web applications at Arlo where he is responsible for creating and delivering new features and enhancements to the Arlo apps. Since joining the company, Alex has led the effort to create and launch the new “By Arlo” app. Prior to Arlo, he held roles in business planning and product marketing at consumer electronics companies where he delivered connected solutions for creative professionals and enthusiasts. Alex earned his bachelor of arts at UC Santa Cruz (go Slugs!) and a MBA from Santa Clara University.

We look forward to having you join the conversation!

Thank you!

237 REPLIES 237
Daniel92708
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is there any solutions for all batteries devices upgrades??
Johnny1005
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same observations here about night vision.  It is a deep dense fog!

Pbwebs
Initiate
Initiate
Why will my Arlo Q will not reattached to the network, it keeps failing every time I try and the support desk can’t figure out why either?
klagreca1
Initiate
Initiate

Why does it take so long for the video feed to start?  In Nest's app, it was pretty much instant when I chose a camera.

lemketron
Guide
Guide

I keep getting activity notifications because I'm trying to monitor a space with a diagonal border. I have to use three activity zone rectangles to try to cover the space I want to monitor while excluding people walking along the diagonal edge of our space. Maybe I should tilt our camera, but I'd much rather draw an arbitrary quadrilateral shaped region, even if we only get one. Heck, even a single arbitrary line across the image to exclude one side would work.

patech
Initiate
Initiate

FYI, I'm seeing double notifications on Android.

ecinetcom
Aspirant
Aspirant

Would love to see an Arlo Android app for the Nvidia Shield tv.  The possibility of seeing my cameras on tv is VERY exciting.

Xpertss
Aspirant
Aspirant
When will we be able to access videos on Alro Ultra that are stored in SD????
lemketron
Guide
Guide

I paid for Arlo Smart service, but I have to expense a few dollar charge each month. Would really appreciate an annual billing option rather than monthly. Web site looks like it is set up to allow it but "monthly" is the only option. Please give us an annual billing option!

codestaxx
Initiate
Initiate
How about a schedule with geofencing? ie. geofencing (away) and second schedule for when sleeping.
AlexTwo
Tutor
Tutor

I posted a message and now my email won't stop received constant posts from every one else. HOW DO I STOP IT?

AppleUser
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just set up the Arlo Pro with 3 cameras a few weeks ago. It works fine on my iPhone and on my computer, but I get error messages (wrong user name or password) when I try to log in on my iPad. I am running the new app on both newer Apple devices, so I don't understand why it doesn't work the same on both.

Secondly, when I send an invitation to my husband to log in, the invitation does not work, even after he creates an account, and so he can't access the camera feeds or the account. He has deleted the account and I have resent him the invitation multiple times, with no success.

I called customer service and got someone in India who not only had no clue how to help me, but he didn't seem to understand the technology AT ALL. It was as if he had never used it. His English was second-rate, so it was hard to communicate. (I speak, read, and write two languages, and understand several more, and I have taught ESL, so I am not just being xenophobic.)

Suggestions?

Art20
Aspirant
Aspirant
My camera in my living room has a great picture UNTIL someone opens the blinds on my sliding glass door and sunlight comes in which wipes out the entire picture. The camera is 15 ft away and not aimed at the door.
Close the blinds no sunlight the picture comes right back. What is the problem?
lemketron
Guide
Guide

I use Arlo Smart for monitoring a space at work, on an account shared with my team. I want to get Arlo for home, but do not wish to have my team able to also monitor the base station and cameras in my home. Would love to have an option to support multiple accounts (with different sets of users and devices in each) without having to log out of one and into the other.

HRF22
Aspirant
Aspirant

Are you using IOS? I had the same problem using my iPad. Someone suggested doing via PC. Worked like a charm.

tokyojo
Initiate
Initiate

My cameras haven't worked in over a year.  I get a message saying "Your base station is offline".  I've tried everything - nothing works. 

ad9i3f
Star
Star

OMG I agree 100%  - the lag time over the last firmware updates or software updates is HORRIBLE.

i just had a package delivered my front door a) nothing kicked off b) I just happened to log on and check the house ... a recording was there - but NO notification was received and I saw the end of the video (the delivery person's feet walking out of view) - What good id this? 

Mnagle73
Initiate
Initiate
The new app doesn’t seem any different to me. I hate the inability to “scrub” though videos at a faster rate like it used to (now it just jumps forward), why was that ever removed.
Also opening and viewing something happening from an alert takes way too long to load. By the time you can view it the person is long gone!
There also needs to be a different alert tone. It’s not unique so often dismissed as something else! There should be time options.
JRmun86
Initiate
Initiate

Very disappointed, batteries get drain by magnets who thought to put magnets in the camera instead of base!!!, I figured it out after the purchase. Had I known this would have looked elsewhere for cameras. On top of that there is no wire option for power a total loser...ahhh!!!

--

@JRmun86 The magnets do not have any negative impact on battery life. If you're experiencing less than expected battery life, it could be due to signal strength or camera usage. Take a look here for tips on best performance: How can I extend my Arlo camera's battery life? 

-JamesC

kathelew
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am writing to let you know that I recently came across an issue where the latest Arlo app on my iphone 5 (ios 10.3.4) where it would just  crash every time when trying to sign into the app. I tried rebooting my phone. But, that did not stop the app from crashing as I was logging in. I could not tell if it was a problem with the phone or the  the new app. My phone has limited memory also. But, I checked and I still have enough memory when it was installed. So, I decided to try to delete the new app entirely and then  reinstall the new arlo app again onto the phone. But, now I notice that the new app seems to take longer to see the items appear that are archived in the library (the screen stays blank/white for longer than before images start appearing from what it recorded) and still occasionally crashes, but, not as much as on 09-22 and 23, 2019. I thought perhaps the crashing issue was due to some glitches in switching over from the Arlo Legacy app that will no longer be supported on 09/30/2019 over to this current Arlo app. So, just wondering if you noticed this recently too..and if so, what do you suggest? 

Thanks for your response back. 

Aldursil
Aspirant
Aspirant

The app has had some changes. It now supports fingerprint log on and two factor authentication of the top of my head. It also works much faster than the previous version.

kevhackett
Tutor
Tutor
Under mode on iOS when geofencing is enabled why can I no longer see what mode the camera is in? It used to say “Armed” when I was away and “Disarmed” when I was home. This was helpful in knowing that geofencing was working and Arlo knows that I’m not home and that the system has changed modes.
Rottweiler60
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ow with new iOS I have gaps in recording and misses hours of motion. Work order entered but nothing functioning correctly. I loved the old system but this one is not functioning properly
Babstera
Initiate
Initiate
Since loading the new app last week, I get emails EVERY DAY telling me to download. The issue is that I can’t log in to the new app! They opened a case for me but I’ve heard NOTHING. Am I going to be dead in the water on 9/30????? I get the green log in again button on the new app, but nothing ever happens. From time to time there’s an orange banner that say unexpected error but I haven’t been able to recreate it to screenshot for the ticket.
JustBeachy
Initiate
Initiate

I received an email asking me to download the new app before the end of the month.  Since downloading the app my Arlo system is not working at all.  The base station is online, but all cameras are offline.  I'm going to change the batteries, even though the system has only been installed less than a month ago, and we'll go from there... i'm really at a loss 🤔