Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

10:42 AM 9-24-2019: In an effort to answer your questions efficiently, we'll be answering your question within the same post where it was asked. Due to the number of duplicate questions, you may need to refer to the first post answered.

Arlo recently released a new Arlo App for iOS and Android mobile devices. Please join Alex Jukl, senior product manager for Arlo iOS, Android and Web applications at 11AM PT this Tuesday 9/24/19 as he shares the highlights of this update and takes your questions about the new Arlo mobile app.

Alex will be taking your questions live in this Arlo Community discussion thread at 11AM PT Tuesday 9/24/19. We will leave this thread open until the end of the day for you to post questions if you can’t make it during the live chat. Alex will come back and respond to the questions you leave outside the time of our scheduled chat.

AlexJ.png

Alex Jukl serves as senior product manager for iOS, Android, and Web applications at Arlo where he is responsible for creating and delivering new features and enhancements to the Arlo apps. Since joining the company, Alex has led the effort to create and launch the new “By Arlo” app. Prior to Arlo, he held roles in business planning and product marketing at consumer electronics companies where he delivered connected solutions for creative professionals and enthusiasts. Alex earned his bachelor of arts at UC Santa Cruz (go Slugs!) and a MBA from Santa Clara University.

We look forward to having you join the conversation!

Thank you!

237 REPLIES 237
dtesta90
Initiate
Initiate

@heldog There is still ~45 min before the "chat" is scheduled

Dup3fc
Initiate
Initiate
Chat starts at 1 Pacific time.
lawson1911
Initiate
Initiate

I continue to be plagued with camera offline without low battery notifications.  When are we going to be able to get notifications when cameras/devices go offline?  I also would love to have notifications when the base goes offline too.  When devices are offline there is no security.  This has been a request for over 2 years now in the community.

---

Hey @lawson1911 , great recommendation - thanks for raising this up! 

-Alex

seray
Tutor
Tutor

When will there be a fix for the Uncertified Accessory error I get. I have tried your KB article instructions https://kb.arlo.com/000062294/When-adding-my-base-station-to-HomeKit-what-should-I-do-if-I-receive-a...

But I do not have the option to Remove device.

Please come out with a fix soon.

sanmigr
Initiate
Initiate

I have seen the many negative reviews regarding the new Arlo app via the Apple Store and I am wondering what Arlos plan is to resolve those issues. I am hesitant to remove the legacy app until the bugs have been resolved and I think it is very unfair to force us users to move to the new app when it is not stable.

Also, it seems as tho since the release of the Arlo Pro Ultra cameras I have clearly noticed the video capture quality with my Pro 2 cameras has been downgraded even tho I have my settings set at recording with best picture quality. I have several videos saved on my device that can prove the quality difference. I have read on several online forums that some are considering filing a class action lawsuit against Arlo as this issue has made our older cameras useless. If there is such thing as this class action lawsuit then I am all in!

Looking forward to your response for both issues.

Regards
Red

Hey Red (@sanmigr ) - on the first point of resolving issues - we're tracking reviews and feedback on a daily basis, and our engineering and quality teams are hard at work to resolve some of the issues we see some users experiencing (multiple notifications and geofencing are top of our list right now). I understand your hesitance - however, we are legally obligated (as part of our separation from Netgear) to stop supporting logins after September 30, 2019 to the old ("Arlo Legacy") app.

Re: Pro 2 - I recommend you reach out to support, as they can gather additional information from you to help us to better diagnose and troubleshoot this.

-Alex

huang_sean
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same issue. The double push notifications started couple days ago on my iPhone.

---

Hey @huang_sean - We're targeting to fix this within the next week or so. Sit tight!!

-Alex

catlady5882
Star
Star

Arlo wire free wiEver since downloading new app (which is no different from old app) my cameras censors don't wotk all the time and notification either don't show or they show up 3 minutes later. By that time someone could of alraedy of broken into my home. Safety issues for people and can turn out to be a Class Action Law Suit against Arlo !!!

TDeal01
Initiate
Initiate

If you could tell us what’s is different and what’s improved I’d appreciate it.  I can’t see any visible changes.    The camera needs to detected quicker and also stay on a bit longer as we have missed seeing people’s actions due to the short recording.

Elowenbach
Initiate
Initiate

The “new” app cannot connect to my hub or my camera. At all. The old app could.

---

Hi @Elowenbach , would you mind contacting support to provide some additional information here..? For instance, do the 'cards' on the Devices screen appear, and are you still able to see events in your Library? Also, can you confirm that you can connect to your hub/camera when logging in via the Web app (my.arlo.com)? 

Thanks for helping us to better understand this issue.

-Alex

littleboss
Tutor
Tutor

How about making an Arlo Go that has a higher resolution camera? I have my Arlo Go on highest quality but still not good enough. Thanks

--

@littleboss  A higher resolution Arlo Go camera is a good idea. Consider stopping by the Arlo Idea Exchange and posting this idea there so the development team can consider this for the future!

-JamesC

millson12
Initiate
Initiate

Will this update finally enable the use of the Netgear NightHawk M1 with AT&T?

I probably have spent 10 hours trying to troubleshoot this problem with netgear. They have abandoned my case. After I bought a new M1 to try and resolve the issue, bought a new camera to try and resolve. Netgear has me running around, testing their gear.

Absolute joke!

---

Hi @millson12 , may I ask if you have also contacted Arlo Support re: this issue? As Netgear is now a separate company from Arlo, I'd just like to make sure you're getting in contact with the right folks.

Thanks,

Alex 

Escaflownae
Initiate
Initiate

This chrome dropping support for many items are you going to develop your own desktop app or change the website to allow for chrome users to still navigate our camera feeds accordingly?

PaoBol
Initiate
Initiate

hello!

you wrote:

What is the minimum operating system needed for the new app?

Any phone or tablet with iOS 10.3 or Android 4.1 or higher.

I have an android 4.4.4 that cannot be updated.

After the download of the new arlo app when I open the App I see the message:

THIS IS AN OLDER VERSION OF THE ARLO APP AND WILL NOT RECEIVE BUG FIXES AND SUPPORT... so I'm worry about the fure...

Until when I can use the ARLO APP with the Android 4.4.4 ?

Thanks!

---

Hi @PaoBol  - as part of our separation from Netgear, as you may know, we are required to no longer allow logins from the 'old' Netgear-based app (which you probably installed, and which also was not getting updates).

For the 'new' Arlo-based app, we wanted to ensure as many users as possible, on older versions on Android, were able to continue to have access to their accounts like before. 

However, also like before, we will not be able to provide app updates to the 'new' app. But, the 'new' Arlo app should continue to function on Android 4.4.4.

Hope this clarifies things!

-Alex

pmcneil18
Star
Star

With modern web browsers now blocking Flash content by default, are there plans to move the web app away from Flash?

---

Hi @pmcneil18 , thanks for the feedback - here's the statement we made a short while ago re: Flash ---

"We are aware of the desire for HTML 5 support to improve the Arlo experience for desktop web app users. Our team has a few other releases ahead of this initiative and appreciates your patience as we work on a transition to HTML 5. In the meantime, the Arlo App for iOS and Arlo App for Android offer the most robust experience for managing your Arlo devices.
"

-Alex

garryben
Initiate
Initiate

How to get the new app for my PC windows 10?????????????????????

--

@garryben There is no app for PC/windows 10. If you're using your PC to access your Arlo account, you should continue logging in using my.arlo.com.

-JamesC

kevhackett
Tutor
Tutor
Because the chat doesn’t start until 11 am Pacific time which is about 40 minutes from now.
HHH17
Initiate
Initiate

I see easy changes to OS to keep users satisfied. Offer different notification sounds, fix all the issues with notifications in iOS13 lately. ALSO, I noticed the "mute" option on notifications, and I think it's a great idea, but has anyone considered that same setting applied to the cameras? Like, I want to water my lawn, can I just Disarm the cameras for 30 minutes to save batteries, and then have the cameras automatically return to Armed/Scheduled/Etc.  It seems like it would be a great feature.

---

Hi @HHH17 , great suggestions. And yes, we're working to resolve other notification issues with iOS 13 - stay tuned for these updates. Thanks for the feedback!

-Alex

kjohnsonit
Initiate
Initiate

Many times when logging into the app it will trigger a recording event on my primary camera when no motion was actually detected. I spoke with someone else that has the same model and they are experiencing the same thing.

---

Hi @kjohnsonit , that's definitely odd! Can you please reach out to support and provide them with additional information so that we can investigate this further? 

-Alex

kevhackett
Tutor
Tutor
“Arlo is now a separate company from NETGEAR, and we need to migrate to new, separate developer accounts on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.

You need to download this new app to continue having access to and control of your Arlo devices and services.“
wall5644
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cannot download apps for my MacBook Air or iMac. Please give detailed procedures or contact me

--

@wall5644 There is no app for MacBook or IMac. If you're using your computer to access your Arlo account, you should continue logging in using my.arlo.com.

-JamesC

ossie195
Tutor
Tutor

So I've downloaded the new app and now there is a massive delay between when an event occurs and I receive notification.  That never happened with the old app.

What is up??

---

Hi @ossie195 - in the interest of troubleshooting, would you be able to re-install the "Arlo Legacy" app and let us know if you still see this issue with that 'old' app? 

Thanks,

Alex

patech
Initiate
Initiate

To arm the system today, you need to:

1. launch the app
  2. authenticate
  3. wait for app to finish launching
  4. switch to the Mode tab
  5. tap on "Disarmed >"
  6. select the "Armed" radio button

The process for disarming is similar. A widget would shorten the process to something like:

1. tap on the widget
  2. authenticate
  3. select the "Armed" radio button

See https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/appwidgets for an introduction to the topic.

Thanks in advance for considering this suggestion.

daveahl
Tutor
Tutor

I have the first gen cameras, and there is a rubber insert cap over a power connector under the door latch.  Pry that off and you have a connector - I have one outside with an AC/DC adapter including a 26 foot cable.  Never need to change batteries.  This would work for solar with the right connector also.  Beats charging batteries over and over if difficult to reach. 

--

@daveahl The connector you're referring to is not intended for powering the camera. Using it in this way can cause damage and void the warranty. We recommend powering your vmc3030 cameras using CR123 batteries.

-JamesC

KimArscott
Initiate
Initiate

since the update I have been unable to log into my Arlo account on my phone and computer.  on my phone it says "we are sorry, the system is experiencing an unexpected issue"    when I log in on a computer, I get the same message.

I hope someone can help me

--

@KimArscott To log in to the new app you should use the same credentials that you were using in the past. If you're still having this issue, consider contacting the Arlo Support Team to further investigate.

-JamesC

lemketron
Guide
Guide

It wasn't exactly clear to me either why the new app, but I found this:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062252/Why-do-I-need-to-download-a-new-Arlo-app

It's because Arlo separated from Netgear and they need to detach the app from the Netgear.com domain and App Store developer accounts.