Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Drewski
Tutor
Tutor

The new Echo Show that was announced yesterday says it is compatible with Arlo cameras.  I was wondering if Netgear knew whether this included the capability to use two way audio for the Arlo Pro cameras upon first release of the Echo Show and the required skill?  We have a Pro camera on our front door, that we use to communicate with people knocking on the door, but it can be somewhat clunky as you either have to have a phone with the app, or a browser window open to communicate.  If this would work with two way audio, I can see this as a nice add on to the Pro system.

6 REPLIES 6
steve_t
Master Master
Master

This would be a really good function! As ugly as I think the Show is, it would be quite useful if it works that way

Drewski
Tutor
Tutor

I got an email from NETGEAR that this my question has been answered.  It has not been answered.  If NETGEAR can't answer it for some reason, can NETGEAR at least provide an answer of when their user community will have further information.  Since the Arlo was featured in Amazon's announcement for the Echo Show, someone should have at least a "block diagram" level of the functionality of the intergration. 

steve_t
Master Master
Master

You would have received an email notifying you that somebody (me) replied to your post. 

Perhaps if there's no answer, it's because they don't know. You could always ask Amazon since they're the ones that make the Echo Show

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Drewski,

I apologize for the delayed response. At this time, the Echo Show does not support the 2-way audio features for Arlo Pro.

JamesC

jwmaslan27
Initiate
Initiate
JamesC - is this something netgear (or Amazon) is currently working on? It would be great is there was an ETA on this functionality.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jwmaslan27,

I do not currently have any information on the future availability of this feature. I will post an update if I find out more information.

JamesC