Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Netgear camera wont turn on, says offline

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Bonniegirl0612
Aspirant
Aspirant

I already reset the main box, and nothing, I took batteries out of another camera to see if it would work and it didnt. It has no lights nothing. 

5 REPLIES 5
brh
Master
Master

@Bonniegirl0612

Have you tried to re-sync the camera?

When you reset the base station did you do a power cycle, or a full factory reset?

Brian

Bonniegirl0612
Aspirant
Aspirant
I did try to re sync it, and nothing! I did the reset through the app.
brh
Master
Master

@Bonniegirl0612

Sorry I need a couple of more questions answered. What model is your camera?

What do the lights on the camera do when you try to re-sync the camera?

Try to quickly hit the sync button on the base, (don't hold it down for 2 seconds). The camera light on the base should start flashing green. Within two minutes, press the sync button on the camera. The camera light should slowly start blinking blue. If successful, the camera light should start falshing blue rapidly for a couple of minutes showing that it successfully synced. If the camera lights flashes amber the sync was not successful.

Are your other cameras working after the reset?

Brian

Bonniegirl0612
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo pro. The lights do not come on at all. My other cameras are working fine! I tried batteries from my other cameras with no success. Tried to sync, nothing happened. All cameras are working fine after rest.
brh
Master
Master

@Bonniegirl0612

Can you try powering the camera with the charger and cable that came with the camera? With or withiout the battery. It is possible that the battery pins in the camera are not making good contact. We'll see if it is a battery problem later after you have tried to power the camera with the power adapter.

Brian