Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Netgear RMA process: camera stolen in shipping, camera sent to wrong address

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Nabbie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello Community,

Something really weird is going on with the RMA process. I have done a couple of those before (I have gone through more than a dozen cameras, and currently have 10 in operation, so dealing with troubleshooting and support is periodic and expected). 

This time, the following happens:

- the shipment box from fedex that was meant to have the replacement camera in it was delivered empty. In other words, Fedex delivered an empty box. The box was ripped and had been retaped.I contacted Netgear (Note 1) and Fedex (Note 2). Fedex says they will provide an update within a week. I have yet to hear from them. Netgear promises to give me "an update" but not another replacement camera. 

- Yesterday I start getting fedex notification emails that a package is on its way from Netgear RMA to me. Today I get an email notification from Fedex saying that the camera has been delivered to me and signed on delivery. I never got anything. I called Fedex, and Fedex confirmed the camera was delivered to an address in Tennessee. I live on the West Coast. Fedex creates a case and promise me they will call me back. 

- I call Netgear support, wait 20 minutes to speak with someone, and unfortunately he supports modem and not Arlo. So now I'm on a hold to speak with Netgear Arlo Support team.

I'm baffled by how much time this RMA process has consumed.  I'm baffled that 2 replacement cameras have gone missing. What is going on at Netgear and Fedex? Who is stealing these cameras? Has anyone else experienced the same situations? 

Note 1: communication with Netgear was through the online support system

Note 2: fedex online support

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nabbie,

I'd like to take a closer look at your support case to better understand the history of this RMA. What is your case number that you have open with the support team on this issue?

JamesC

Nabbie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi JamesC,

Sure, it's 30078515. 

Summary of history is as follows:

- I sent camera to Negear using standard RMA process

- replacement camera is sent from Netgear by fedex to me but box arrives empty

- I contacted Netgear and Fedex. Netgear Support says they will provide an update once they hear back from Warehouse.

- I keep asking Netgear why aren't they sending me another replacement camera in the meantime, as not my fault the box arrived empty.

- Netgear sent another replacement camera by fedex but shipped to the wrong address. (as per Netgear support: they had to ship it to themselves because they did not have my address on file).

- Netgear sent another replacement camera to me by fedex. This time i made sure to pick it up from Fedex store. I opened the box at Fedex to make sure the camera was inside.

I have to say, this is not a reflection of Netgear. I've done couple of RMAs  and never had an issue. This one was just odd. As a matter of fact, i still very much love Arlo and ended up buying an Arlo Pro 2 while waiting for replacement camera. So no big deal, was just curious to know whether anyone had a similar experience.