Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Netgear Base Station Model VMB3000 Offline

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Zoghasfallen
Aspirant
Aspirant
Everything was fine until I switched routers. (I noticed that other people had that problem also but resetting my base didn't help). When I login to my Arlo page, I see: base - offline. I tried to remove and then add back one of my Arlo cameras but that didn't work. And I'm not sure about which Arlo model I have. My Arlo page doesn't say and I only have my arlo Quick Start Guide, dated December 2016 (201-17858-09) and that doesn't specify a model number to the camera.
8 REPLIES 8
Zoghasfallen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Here's the Serial Number to the base station:7B72A0C62

Zoghasfallen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Correction: The serial number is 48957B72A0C62

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Serial number tells us users nothing - support may be able to track it. The model number would be on the base as well as the cameras.

I just installed a new router myself with no issues - 2 bases automatically reconnected even after multiple router reboots as I changed settings (a few too many times because I was always forgetting something). That doesn't help you, of course, other than to say the router replacement shouldn't cause a problem.

First, what are all the LEDs on the base showing? If at least the power and Internet LEDs aren't green, it's not going to work. 

Zoghasfallen
Aspirant
Aspirant

On my base station, the power light is green, the internet light is off and the camera light is orange.

Zoghasfallen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just now tried to remove my base station using the remove feature at my arlo account page and then tried to add it again. So I'm now at this position: "Your Base Station could not be discovered. "

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's becaause the Internet LED is off meaning it's not connected to your router. Verify the cable is properly connected on both ends. Reboot both the router and base, in that order. If needed, use a different Ethernet cable and a different port on the router.

Zoghasfallen
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat wrote:

That's becaause the Internet LED is off meaning it's not connected to your router. Verify the cable is properly connected on both ends. Reboot both the router and base, in that order. If needed, use a different Ethernet cable and a different port on the router.

OK. I did all that and there's no change. So what should I try next?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It would seem to be a bad port on the base. Open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx