Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro dies after just a couple of days of use. Help?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
UptownHop
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Pro camera battery regularly dies after just a couple days of use. These are the re-chargeable batteries, Model A-1B, and the cameras are "Arlo Pro on HW Version HM11". Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
brh
Master
Master

@UptownHop 

The usual culprit for this problem is that the signal strength between the base and the camera is weak causing the camera to go offline. When that happens, the camera/cameras will keep trying to reconnect until the battery dies. Try temporarily moving the camera within a few feed of the base and see if the battery stops rapidly losing its charge. If that works, try moving the base closer to the camera.

My Pro batteries usually last about 2 to 3 months with lots of recordings. 

If that doesn't work, try contacting Customer Support.

Brian

UptownHop
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Brian.  That sounds about right.  Unfortunately I can't place the cameras any closer to the base.

brh
Master
Master

@UptownHop 

what is the signal strength showing for that camera?

Brian

UptownHop
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not sure.  Where does it show signal strength?  Can't see it on the app.

brh
Master
Master

@UptownHop 

Although it is quite small on the mobile app Devices page, you can click on the gear wheel for each camera and view the symbols on a larger scale. There should be a dot and 3 curved bars above it. Let me know how many bars are showing black - not gray.

Brian

UptownHop
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just a dot and 2 black bars.  But it's the same for the one right next to the base as it is for the one 40 feet away.

brh
Master
Master

@UptownHop 

The only thing I can think of if the camera is not defective is to move the hub a little further from the hub and move the camera temporarily to a different room in the house and see if it is an interference problem. If that doesn't work try contacting Customer Support.

Brian