Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Tony8791
Tutor
Tutor

Hi

I have recently bought the Arlo Pro which is the main is a excellent bit of kit.

The one major problem I have is this and its regarding scheduling or should I say the lack of being able to check the schedules for the two different modes;

I have set two custom modes (at this present time) Nightime Camera's and Nightime Camera's weekend. I set up the modes (fine no problems) then the rules (again no problem) I move onto the schedule, I complete this and save. 

Now when I click the NT Weekend then the pencil on the schedule it seems to have covered all of the NC schedule is this normal?  I would have thought you could click on one of the however modes you may have set and been able to see the schedule for that mode or am I wrong.  Simply put you click the custom mode then click  the schedule pencil and it shows the schedule for that mode, click on next mode and then schedule pencil again and it shows you the schedule for that mode.  I hope this makes sense and hopefully someone can explain in laymans terms what I'm doing wrong or tell me what Im expecting isnt possible.

Regards Tony  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Nope, doesn't work that way. It has to be used as I posted which is effectively the reverse of what you want.  The schedule is just that, the place to set your modes to run automaticlly. Only one mode at a time can run, whether in the schedule or manual selection.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you checked the FAQs here for step by step directions?

Basically, you add to the schedule by using the + and select the mode you want.  Set the days it should run and the start and stop times.  Do the same thing for the next mode you need. The timescan't overlap and the schedule will adjust as needed. To cross midnight, you set the stop time to 11:59PM and then set another time period starting at 12:00AM. You can't span days.

Tony8791
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for prompt response Jguerdat.

I think the way i worded the post wasn't very good,  The question i was asking was when you set custom modes i was expecting the schedule to be like a diary.  What I mean is I thought the schedule would show a page or should I say a schedule for each custom mode a bit like a page to a week if that makes sense,  So for every custom mode you would see ONLY the schedule for that mode and when you clicked on another mode then the schedule you would ONLY see the schedule for that mode.

I hope this make sense...fingers crossed

Regards

Tony   

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Nope, doesn't work that way. It has to be used as I posted which is effectively the reverse of what you want.  The schedule is just that, the place to set your modes to run automaticlly. Only one mode at a time can run, whether in the schedule or manual selection.

Tony8791
Tutor
Tutor

Totally understand now

Thank you for explaining.....much appeciated.

Tony

DoriJC
Luminary
Luminary

When I click on + in schedule, all I get are days.  Where am I missing the ability to select a mode? Tried it on android and windows via a PC.

Edit: Found it. For others having the same problem, once a new mode is created, click the > at the top of your schedule and you will see your new mode.