Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Need solution; Condensations outside lens

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Tht1Guy
Tutor
Tutor
Search after search people simply aren’t answering the question that affects 95% of the population that owns CCTV security cameras have at some point.

How in the world do we stop the condensation on the outside of the glass from wintertime cooling?

I’ve seen suggestions like clean the lens or use rainex but no one ever says how well they work.

The debilitation is annoying because the most important cameras fog up like a vehicle window overnight and are useless.

So, what do you do that actually worked?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

What I can tell you is on the higher end cameras I've installed, the camera container contain heaters and fans just for this...

Not much to do withe Arlo types, except try ( which i haven't done but some have ) some form of anti condensation wax like the type used on car windows.

My cams don't really have this issue as placement has most of the cams in a non rain location

good luck

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Tht1Guy
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks. Yea, some have suggested anti-fog like for lab goggles. I have to ask my buddy again on his luck with using rainex. I just want to see what people actually used and has it worked for them.

I’m wondering if the sleeves actually work for that as well being that the lens surface area is so exposed.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Condensation you're not going to stop with or without a sleeve ....the only thing would be a container but in a container that was sealed, the PIR to detect  motion would not work on the Arlo and the Pros ( exception, the Pro2 on ac )

Morse is faster than texting!