Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Need longer power cord for VMA4600 solar panel

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
David8906
Initiate
Initiate

How is it possible to have a longer power cord for the Arlo Solar Panel (VMA4600)? The length of 6 ft is about 2 ft too short to allow mounting to get good access to sunlight.

9 REPLIES 9
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Not to my knowledge at this time

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Sniperfi
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same problem. I was thinking of splicing a longer charge cord, such as the Arlo Pro Weatherproof 20ft/6m Cable by Wasserstein.

Techlore
Apprentice
Apprentice

It seems like getting a random extention cord might work(plugged into the Arlo wire)? Has anyone tried? I've been wondering.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sniperfi, Techlore

NETGEAR does not recommend modifying or using an alternative cable as this could result in damage to the camera and/or solar panel and void the warranty. At this time, it is recommended to use only the cable included with the Arlo Solar Panel.

JamesC

Sniperfi
Tutor
Tutor

I believe the Arlo solar panels are great. However, the power cord is too short. Someone at Arlo needs to make a 10 foot plus cable for the solar panels. I'm so tired of companies always telling consumers that modification will void warranty or damage a unit.

David8906
Initiate
Initiate

Well said!!

MostXcellent
Aspirant
Aspirant

Q: What is the name of this power cord. ? thx

peach-o
Aspirant
Aspirant

I need a replacement power cable for the VMA4600 Solar Panel. I have two installed in my 5-camera system, and accidently slashed the cable while installing a third Solar Panel.

Can I buy just the original equipment cable? There is no actual 'parts list' that comes with the panels, so I have no part number...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try contacting support here and open a case. Maybe they would offer to send you a new one.