Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My new Arlo Pro camera just setup and eating batteries much faster than the other three cameras.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
zoomzoomers
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just bought the new release of he Arlo Plus with 4 cameras and a base station.

I got all 4 cameras up and running smoothly, but awoke  to one of the cameras being un-connectable.  It indicated it was online, but I could not do anything with it.  The camera webpage with the live streams, indicated for me to contact support or get help via support.

I dediced to try and resync it first, and that instantly got it back online via the camera webpage. 

However when looking at the battery status, it indicated it was at 17%  when all of my other 3 cameras are all at 100% still.

I will charge up the camer today and see if it occurs again, but do I have faulty gear?  Why do my other 3 cameras work perfectly and this one is causing me so much trouble.

The footage settings are all the same and there is hardly any activity.  Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If the camera is offline, it can cause draining of the battery due to it reaching out trying to connect tothe base....

If it happens again,and seems to be loosing connection, you could swap it with one of the 'good' onesto make sure it's not location

If still an issue, I would consider return or contact Netgear.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
mitchellbrand
Star
Star
Definfinitely contact netgear support if this camera does this again. They are great and will help you out!
zoomzoomers
Aspirant
Aspirant

So it happened again.

This time I brought it in the house near my wifi and the arlo base station.

I also had it charging the whole time it went offline.

What can and should I  do?

Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What firmware version is on the camera?  I got a new one last night - 1.090.0.0_9945

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

zoomzoomers,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC