Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
KathleeninFL
Follower
Follower

Do I have a lemon? I have tried the support people. Not a very user friendly bunch for a non tech person. I have 4 cameras. One is offline more than on. One goes off and on. Sometimes blurry.  Should just give up? This thing is no help and unreliable.  Thank you. Kathleen

1 REPLY 1
blitzo
Star
Star

@KathleeninFL wrote:

Do I have a lemon? I have tried the support people. Not a very user friendly bunch for a non tech person. I have 4 cameras. One is offline more than on. One goes off and on. Sometimes blurry.  Should just give up? This thing is no help and unreliable.  Thank you. Kathleen

I also have a 4 camera arlo pro 2.  

the 2 that tend to go offline, have you checked the strength of their wireless connection to the base station?  i have the same problem on one of my cameras and its due to it being quite far from my base station (1 bar).  you can check the signal strength by going to the gear icon / setup button for each camera on the app or online https://arlo.netgear.com/ 

Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 12.57.24.png

on my camera that goes offline, only the first bar is black. 

Im unsure, why it would look blurry.  can you share a sample image?  for my cameras, none are blurry except when theres a transition from light to dark, etc.

try setting up all of your cameras near your base station and see if that fix the offline issue.  the blurry part is something i havent had happen to me.

for the most part these cameras work well for me with some irritating bugs but im hoping they get fixed quickly.