Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My camera outside is offline for the last 5 days

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
eskimopy5
Aspirant
Aspirant

My camera outside is offline fir the last 5 days. How can I️ remotely troubleshoot this and get it back online?

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If the camera is offline, there in nothing to be done remotely. it usu requires physical interaction.

The base can be rebooted remotely but not the cameras

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't forget that it's possible the camera battery is dead.

eskimopy5
Aspirant
Aspirant

There was about 92% charge the last I looked.  I have another camera on the back side of my house and one located inside and they are both functioning fine and online so I know the base is working.  My sister is offering to go to my house so I will have her switch out the one that is inside and then try to resync that one again.   I am thinking that is the one that was bought with a dead battery and didnt work from the start.  I then purchased an additional battery  and then after messing with it and calling tech support it then began working again.  Thanks for the replies!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A dead battery can be RMAed under the warranty. You don't need to buy a new one to fix the problem.

It's possible that the camera is the root problem but that's something support likely would have to help with. You can swap cameras and batteries around to see what remains constant which can point to the problem hardware.

eskimopy5
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunaely, I bought the base with 2 cameras and then a single camera from 2 different places and had them with me in my apartment for about 3 months until I had some time off to return to my house on the East coast.  When I went to set up the cameras at my house I found I had a problem with a battery, that I thought was not able to be charged.  I did not have time to figure out the exact problem and it was easier to just buy another battery.  On my next trip home, I figured out the battery was good and got all 3 cameras up and running.  But now I am thinking the camera that is offline is probably the "problem" camera.  I am also thinking that it is something wrong with the door not closing snug enough or the contacts for the battery.  With all this said, I have no idea which company I bought which camera from so I just need to purchase another camera and move forward. Thanks for everyone's input!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There have been a few problems with the battery not making full contact with the camera contacts. The door doesn't push the battery in place so be sure to push the battery in fully. There's a little latch on the bottom that holds the battery in place - make sure it's clicked into place.