Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Sopheara
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just had arlo pro and i have trying to set up, thought it was easy but not at all.. camera has been paired to the base successfully but the base doesn't connect to my wifi router, i have tried reboot both station but still no difference..So much frustrated now...appreciate if anyone can help me..i have two young kids and they r gonna stay with a babysitter without their parent..
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
turbosix
Apprentice
Apprentice

can you post a picture of the port you are plugging it into on your home router? it could be the wrong port, or the port could be off.

have you tried plugging the base station directly into your modem to see if it works then? 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The base must be plugged into the router using an Ethernet cable.  It doesn't use WiFi to connect to the Internet.

Sopheara
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, thanks for yr reply.. of course the base is plugged in to wifi router and the amper flickering for few sec then stopped which my base doesnt connect to the internet.
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Base is prolly' defective. Return/Exchange it asap. 

Sopheara
Aspirant
Aspirant
Good morning, i just brought it to my office and plugged it into the router then it appeared to be working ok...is my home router defect?
turbosix
Apprentice
Apprentice

can you post a picture of the port you are plugging it into on your home router? it could be the wrong port, or the port could be off.

have you tried plugging the base station directly into your modem to see if it works then? 

Sopheara
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks so much my friend, I'll do it tonight when I get home and let you know..
Sopheara
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello, my base can now connect to my internet router but i am still having an issue with granting access to my wife's phone..I created netgear account for her and been trying to add arlo wire free but it failed to connect the base..have done rebooting and factory reset still no difference...i think it's not kinda handy product at all, feel so complicated.. appreciate your assistance here...
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When granting access, you don't try to set up the system to that account.  You just follow the directions in the invitation email sent to her email address.

Sopheara
Aspirant
Aspirant
It works perfectly now.. thank you so much..you are amazing!