Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
golf2234
Follower
Follower
What should I do ?
Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The Arlo development team is continuing to investigate these reports. We appreciate your patience while we work to isolate and resolve this issue. I will provide more information as soon as it becomes available.

JamesC

• Lvaero
    Initiate
    Initiate

Follow this post below.. It worked for me as well.

Okay, I've been trying for 3 days to get Arlo to recognize my new IPhone 13 with no luck.  I ran across something on a post that I tried and IT WORKED!!!   First, sign into your Arlo app. on your phone , then go through the 2 step verification and enter that code they send you.  Then......when the window pops up that asks to trust this device, I clicked on [DO NOT TRUST].  Everything started working perfectly.  So, I'm not sure what this means but it is a temporary solution for now.  Maybe Arlo will get a fix for the issue with the new IPhones.  

39 REPLIES 39
LeeMeakin
Initiate
Initiate

Thank you so much Portlandmum - it worked for me too!!! well done. Arlo should really be on to this!

daloninAK
Initiate
Initiate
Thanks for sharing - worked for me - not sure why I didn’t try that earlier!
AJC2
Initiate
Initiate

Your recommendation worked!   Thanks for the post - 

BRejon
Initiate
Initiate

OMG!! This actually worked!!  THANK YOU!!

Lvaero
Initiate
Initiate

Follow this post below.. It worked for me as well.

Okay, I've been trying for 3 days to get Arlo to recognize my new IPhone 13 with no luck.  I ran across something on a post that I tried and IT WORKED!!!   First, sign into your Arlo app. on your phone , then go through the 2 step verification and enter that code they send you.  Then......when the window pops up that asks to trust this device, I clicked on [DO NOT TRUST].  Everything started working perfectly.  So, I'm not sure what this means but it is a temporary solution for now.  Maybe Arlo will get a fix for the issue with the new IPhones.  

RB247
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks!!  That worked.

It is as if they have the Trusted and Not Trusted buttons cross coded....

barrettrachel
Initiate
Initiate
Literally this worked after running into this issue with new IPhone 13ProMax!! I’m not sure why but it worked, thank you!

Portlandmom Tutor Tutor
‎2022-05-29 03:10 PM
Okay, I've been trying for 3 days to get Arlo to recognize my new IPhone 13 with no luck. I ran across something on a post that I tried and IT WORKED!!! First, sign into your Arlo app. on your phone , then go through the 2 step verification and enter that code they send you. Then......when the window pops up that asks to trust this device, I clicked on NO. Everything started working perfectly. So, I'm not sure what this means but it is a temporary solution for now. Maybe Arlo will get a fix for the issue with the new IPhones.
broadwac
Initiate
Initiate

I can confirm to make sure when it asks to use the Don't Trust this Device. I know it sounds like it won't work but this did. My guess is that the developers that wrote the software have somehow placed the wrong code under the wrong button. LOL. Arlo, you still need to fix it as this is a really poor option and can be confusing for some that believe it will effect there TRUST.

I also checked on the official website using login details that the device was not trusted at all and nor are any browsers that I selected trusted listed there. I have the old iPhone 11 there which has since been removed as it is no longer mine. So to conclude, when you choose Don't Trust This Device do not worry as Arlo does not have a list for that. There is only a Trust list that can can access from their web version of their software under...

Settings tab

next click Profile menu

next click Two-Step Verification

Here you can Add a new one or edit but the Add a new one only allows for 3 options being: Push Notifications, SMS or Email. You can also select the default one of choice which will have a Check next to the selected item. Such as mine is my mobile which presents the check in Green.

Hope this helps everyone.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo development team is continuing to investigate these reports. We appreciate your patience while we work to isolate and resolve this issue. I will provide more information as soon as it becomes available.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved. Please authenticate and attempt to trust your new iOS devices again and let us know if you still experience any issues.

Thanks,

JamesC

Portlandmom
Guide
Guide

James C,

How do we change a non-trusted device to a trusted one?  I can't find anyway to do it.

Portlandmom
Guide
Guide

Never mind James, I figured it out.  

Go to Settings, then Profile,  Login Settings, then Two-Step Verification, then Add Another Method....When you do this Trust This Device will pop up and just click on that.  And it worked this time!!  

Thank you Arlo for fixing this issue.

DBozz
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK

Keithcorser
Aspirant
Aspirant
Invited my wife to use our Arlo equipment. Her iPhone 13, the latest Arlo app & our base station, etc. won’t see each other. All our equipment is working without issue. What’s up with your app?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Keithcorser wrote:
Invited my wife to use our Arlo equipment. Her iPhone 13, the latest Arlo app & our base station, etc. won’t see each other. 

Have her click on the "create account" link in the email on a PC.  That will open the browser to my.arlo.com.  There she logs into her existing account.  That should complete the invite process, and she should see the shared cameras on the app after that.