Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
anvillanueva
Follower
Follower

I can hear audio coming in on my phone but when I press in the microphone icon ans hold it down there is no aound that comes out through the arlo. I made sure the microphone and speaker are turned on in the app and that my phone has given it permission to use. Any tips?

21 REPLIES 21
Arlo123
Tutor
Tutor

What device are you using when using the 2 way audio of the cameras?

Are you using an android or ios phone? 

If ios phone, what ios verision do you have? And what Arlo app version are you using?

Because there is a know issue for arlo right now where in speaker of the cameras are ot working when using ios phones that has 11.3 iso version. Try also to use other devices to further isolate.

Mrs_Estalilla
Tutor
Tutor
I have the same exact issue. Started about a month ago. Microphone will not work from the iPhone and I think it started after iOS 11.3 update. Works just fine from Safari.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We apologize for the frustration/inconvenience this has caused. The engineering team is working hard toward a resolution for this issue. I do not currently have an ETA for a fix but will provide any new information I receive as soon as possible.  

JamesC

Mrs_Estalilla
Tutor
Tutor
I just spent half an hour with technical support. We went theough the whole sequence of first disconnecting the base and WiFi router from power and each other. That didn’t work. Then we reinstalled the app and reset the base with a paper clip. After that I removed the base from the account and added it again. And finally when I synced the camera, it worked.
Dking85
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there an update as to when this issue might be resolved?

Mrs_Estalilla
Tutor
Tutor
The tech service contacted me saying that they are working on a patch in the firmware. So for now it’s not resolved. And my above-mentioned reset stopped working again. So now I am waiting on the firmware update like everybody else.
Saul123
Aspirant
Aspirant

txd60060
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any update on this? My mics still don’t work, on either my iPhone or my wife’s Android.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

An update for the Arlo iOS mobile app has been released that addresses the issue with the push to talk feature. Please make sure you have the latest version of the Arlo mobile app downloaded and installed from the iOS app store.

Release Notes - iOS App 2.5.0 - 13th May 2018

If you continue to experience this issue. Please let us know.

JamesC

kbh12100
Aspirant
Aspirant

I haven't had sound from one of my two cameras pretty much since I installed it.  I'm not sure what to do.  I'm away from the property so I can't easily return it.  It doesn't work from my iPhone or from Safari.  Any ideas?  I've done what I can from distance.  I have people at the house who are willing to help.

Please help!

Chillmiester
Luminary
Luminary

I have to different ios versions and updated the app. When I touch the microphone I still lose sound. This latest update did nothing to fix the issue.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the Arlo mobile app is available for download on the iOS app store that should address this issue. Please make sure to download the latest version and let us know if you are still experiencing an issue with push to talk.

Release Notes - iOS App 2.5.1 - 23rd May 2018

JamesC

MikeA92
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the latest Arlo App and iPhone iOS software and am having the same issues. 13 Sep 18. It is very choppy and delayed, if it even works at all. Also having same and significant other issues using them with my Amazon Echo Show..
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

mohini41
Aspirant
Aspirant
We recently installed the Arlo pro and the day we installed it the mic was working under my husband’s account but when I logged into mine it doesn’t work. The cameras were installed Friday (9/23).
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If your account has been granted access via your husband's primary account, he may need to turn on the extra privileges in Settings, My Devices. READ THE FAQ here about what privileges are available.

tpawley
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just installed an Arlo Pro two-camera system. I'm running the latest iOS 12.0.1. The microphone feature is not working for either one. Is this issue going to be resolved?

Overall setup and video quality has not been nearly as good as I was hoping for. 

jcuevas
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have the same problem... my system have 4 cameras (wireless, the normal ones) and 1 camera Arlo Pro, and in the last two months, I've actualized the APP (android) with no sucess, still no mic. Then I´ve tryed to use the camera from the PC, and nothing of the microphone, but when you acess the camera from the PC, in the configuration, the camera shows the MIC and the Speaker ICON, but without the posibility of activate the icon.

djtimster
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wow, after the first post still no remedy?

I'm running 2 Arlo Pro Systems with a total of 5 cameras.  All firmware updated.  Using ios 12.1 and Arlo app 2.6.1.  Still having 2-way audio issues with dropping out or too soft.

Any update?

How high on the priority list is this issue?

Nick49
Initiate
Initiate
I'm also having this issue but on Android. You should stop advertising that your cameras have a functional push-to-talk feature if there's a known issue that causes it not to work. I wouldn't have purchased your product had I known about it, but I guess that's what I get for not combing the support forums for every monitoring camera system out there... It's baffling to me how this isn't fixed yet.
ernst5
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi!

We also had problems with microphones. We have 3 cameras outside our house

I am using Samsung J3(2017) with android 8.0.0.

My wife is using Samsung J3 (2016) with android 5.1.1

I removed the Arlo apps in both phones. Downloaded new Arlo apps from Google play. Then Arlo updated the apps

After we logged in everything works perfect.