Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My Experience With Solar & Charging Faults

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JerryR
Luminary
Luminary

I recently added an Arlo solar panel to one of Pro 2 cameras. For the first couple of days I would get a charging fault messages, either that day or by the second day. I dutifully followed the sugggestions to unplug the cable and / or pull the battery which always cleared the fault, at least until the next day.

But I noticed that, even with a charging fault indicated, the battery continued to charge. Since then, I haven't bother to try to fix the fault. When I see a charging fault message, somedays I'll clear the fault message, somedays I don't bother. So far, the battery has continued to charge when neccessary.

Has anyone else noticed this?

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi JerryR,

Have you tried testing with a different camera to see if you still het the fault message?

JerryR
Luminary
Luminary

No, I haven't, mainly because it would require multiple trips around the house carrying the ladder, a tablet for aiming the cameras, etc. My first idea was take the solar panel back and get another one. Once I discovered that it was charging anyway, I kind of lost interest.

JerryR
Luminary
Luminary

I swapped the battery with the spare I keep on hand. No difference: some days there is a fault and some days there isn't. I do plan on moving several cameras which will give an opportunity to swap cameras.