Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
normal1983
Follower
Follower

My system has had issues since this morning. All green lights on the base station one moment then center amber light the next. my app says my device is not connected and is offline. I also have arlo wirefree cameras and the app says getting status and won't let me disarm the cameras. What gives? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Earlier today, we experienced some technical issues with the Arlo environment and some customers may have been unable to connect to their cameras. We have restored full functionality and you should no longer be experiencing issues. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

JamesC

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary
There are a few other topics already covering this problem
Sportster1200
Tutor
Tutor

Yup.  Outage.  I see all the other threads about it.  

DJewell
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. Cameras not working. Base station middle light (internet connection) is amber. Tried unplugging/plugging back in. All lights green for about 1-2 minutes, then middle light goes back to amber.Internet connection is good on all other devices (computer,cell phones,TV, etc... Sent e-mail to Arlo/Netgear. I have had mine for about 3 months without any issues.

chuck159
Apprentice
Apprentice

Having same issue about 2 times per week. All other wireless devices work fine but Arlo is offline UNTIL I reboot the router or turn on my PC TOWER. As soon as I turn on the PC Arlo immediately starts working.  what goes?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Too many threads saying the same thing.

http://downdetector.com/status/aws-amazon-web-services/map/ shows AWS having problems.

chuck159
Apprentice
Apprentice
Guru
jguerdat

Re: My Arlo camera is offline[ New ]

Too many threads saying the same thing.

BUT, Everything works Except ARLO PRO. I can look up my family history online for 2 hours BUT Arlo Pro is still OFFLINE.

yeebee29
Star
Star

Same thing with mine but I just purchased mine and have only been testing it out for a couple of days. I thought it was because I was connecting mine to a WiFi extender with an ethernet port, but reading all these posts, I am thinking maybe it is a larger issue. Hopefully they find a solution! 🙂 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Earlier today, we experienced some technical issues with the Arlo environment and some customers may have been unable to connect to their cameras. We have restored full functionality and you should no longer be experiencing issues. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

chuck159 wrote:
BUT, Everything works Except ARLO PRO. I can look up my family history online for 2 hours BUT Arlo Pro is still OFFLINE.

Still?  Things should be back to normal.  You may need to pop the battery out and reinstall to get the camera working.

Sportster1200
Tutor
Tutor
I didn't have to remove the batteries but I did have to "remove" the base station device in the app, then have the app redetect it and finally pair the cameras again. All well.
Aspirant
Aspirant

One of my Arlo camera's batteries were low so I changed them.  The camera went offline as well.  When I put in the new batteries the camera blinked alternating blue/amber lights.  I have read that this is a firmware update.  The problem is the lights blinked alternating over night which seems to be too long to me.

I have tried reinstalling the batteries, resyncing the camera, deleting the camera and readding it.  Nothing seems to work.  As soon as I close the door on the battery compartment, it starts the alternating blue/amber light process and never stops.

Anyone have any insight?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.